Re: [OT]Re: implementing quota for postfix users on FC3 with Dovecot Maildir format

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 29, 2006
      Victoriano Giralt wrote:

      > Magnus Bäck escribió:
      >
      >>> This is not really relevant.
      >>>
      >> Sure it's relevant. Real system users means that real file system quotas
      >> can be used. That solution does not require any special delivery agent,
      >> but if you want messages to over-quota users a policy service or a
      >> periodically updated access map is required.
      >>
      > As you can see, it is not really relevant, as:
      > "Dovecot does not work too well with filesystem quotas enabled in
      > situations where a user exceeds his quota. But there are a few things you
      > can do to improve Dovecot's behaviour:" From the Dovecot wiki.
      > (http://wiki.dovecot.org/Quota/FS)
      >
      > Then, as the preferred method, I was going to suggest, was Maildir++
      > quotas, the type of users is not really relevant.

      The type of users may not be relevant for maildir++, but it is relevant
      when trying to select an implementation of mail quotas. If each
      recipient has its own uid (which is the case for "local" users), then
      unix quotas are a solution. This may be too aggressive or not flexible
      enough, but it is good enough for many people, and doesn't have the
      problems of maildir++ (check the archives or google).

      > Please, let's stop here.
      > Maybe I did not express myself too much, it's Sunday :)

      Good Sunday!