Re: Virtual users sharing main domain

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 5, 2006
      White Hat wrote:
      > Well, for starters, I am getting this error message in
      > the
      > /var/log/maillog:
      >
      > Oct 4 15:48:36 dragon postfix/trivial-rewrite[16101]:
      > warning: do not
      > list domain company.com in BOTH mydestination and
      > virtual_mailbox_domains
      >
      > Now I know that there is a warning about using a
      > virtual domain that is
      > also listed in $mydestinations. So exactly what am I
      > suppose to put in
      > the:
      >
      > virtual_mailbox_domains =
      >
      > in main.cf. This is the part that I am confused about
      > presently.

      it's actually the opposite. if you want the domain to be a
      virtual_mailbox one, then list it in virtual_mailbox_domains but not in
      mydestination. here is an example

      mydestination = hash:$map_dir/unix_domains
      relay_domains = hash:$map_dir/relay_domains
      virtual_alias_domains = hash:$map_dir/alias_domains
      virtual_mailbox_domains = hash:$map_dir/mailbox_domains

      you can use a single file to manage all domains:

      # cat domain_classes
      localhost unix
      localhost.example.com unix
      foo.example.com mailbox
      bar.example.net relay

      then script the following commands:

      # grep unix domain_classes > unix_domains
      # grep mailbox domain_classes > mailbox_domains

      # postmap hash:unix_domains
      # postmap hash:mailbox_domains

      however you do it, here are some hints
      - the maps may be empty
      - a single domain should only appear in one map (a domain belongs to a
      single class)