Re: sasl_sender policy variable aways empty

  • Alain NAKACHE
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 4, 2006
      Wietse Venema a écrit :
      Alain NAKACHE:

      Hi all,

      I'm testing my own policy daemon with Postfix 2.3.3 and I wonder why
      this variable is always empty.

      In postconf(5), I can read for the mailbox_command directive :

      <snip>
      SASL_SENDER
          SASL sender address specified in the remote client MAIL FROM
      command. Available in Postfix version 2.2 and later.

      That's the address specified with

      	MAIL FROM <sender> AUTH=sasl_sender

      OK, I just found it by reading RFC 2554

      </snip>

      Is it the same usage in the policy delegation method ?
      Why sasl_sender isn't filled with the same value that sender variable ?

      Perhaps the client sent no AUTH=sasl_sender information.

      Right.. msmtp and thunderbird are these clients.
      Note: the sasl_sender is xtext encoded.

      ok