Re: Mail forwarding domains and relay_host

  • Magnus Bäck
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 3, 2006
      On Wednesday, October 04, 2006 at 01:54 CEST,
      Miguel <mmiranda@...> wrote:

      > Hi, i have problem configuring the Mail forwarding domains function ,
      > according to
      >
      > http://www.postfix.org/VIRTUAL_README.html
      >
      > i added
      >
      > /etc/postfix/main.cf:
      > 2 virtual_alias_domains
      > <http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#virtual_alias_domains> =
      > otro.123.com.sv
      > 3 virtual_alias_maps
      > <http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#virtual_alias_maps> =
      > hash:/etc/postfix/virtual

      Do configure your mail client not to add these hyperlinks to the
      plaintext mail body. It looks like crap and is almost unreadable.

      > 4
      > 5 /etc/postfix/virtual:
      > 6 camaya@... cesarda@...
      > 7 mmiranda@... mundo123@...
      >

      > this is a mail relay, so i dont have local users, im using
      > relay_domains and relay_recipient_maps to validate the users before
      > receive any mail, and i also have a default relay_host, so i point all
      > the mx record to this server and forward all mail to the final
      > destination, via transport table or default_relay, i didnt add
      > otro.123.com.sv to the main.cf and relay_domains and
      > relay_recipient_maps files, only to /etc/postfix/virtual, but for
      > some reason, postfix doesnt obey the virtual_alias_maps directive and
      > always send the emails to the relay_host:

      Of course it does. Virtual rewriting doesn't affect message routing.

      > Oct 3 17:24:12 thanatos postfix/smtp[28254]: 6EBB084A3A:
      > to=<mundo123@...>, orig_to=<mmiranda@...>,
      > relay=200.13.261.6[200.13.261.6]:25, delay=1.2, delays=0.13/0.04/0/1,
      > dsn=5.0.0, status=bounced (host 200.13.261.6[200.13.261.6] said: 553
      > sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.5.3 -
      > chkuser) (in reply to RCPT TO command))
      >
      > above, 200.13.261.6 is my relay_host, its my main qmail server where
      > the user account exists, i thought that postfix will do a dns lookup
      > for the yahoos' mx record and forward the email to that server
      > instead of my relay host, am i missing something here?

      If you have set the relayhost parameter, Postfix will NOT contact
      Yahoo's server directly but instead send the message through your
      relay host. That's the whole point. Apparently you should have
      200.13.261.6 as your relay host, or it is misconfigured.

      --
      Magnus Bäck
      magnus@...