Re: can't send/receive e-mail to internet

  • mrk krm
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 1, 2006
      Hi Wietse,

      thank you for your help.

      i'm able to do the MX lookup as an umprivileged user. But when a do a MX lookup ($dig MX www.hotmail.com) i got the message "connection timed out; no servers could be reached"

      My /etc/resolv.conf has read permissions for all users.

      I turned off the chroot operation in master.conf and i still got the same error.

      Powered by Outblaze
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 1, 2006
        mrk krm:
        > Hi Wietse,
        >
        > thank you for your help.
        >
        > i'm able to do the MX lookup as an umprivileged user. But when
        > a do a MX lookup ($dig MX www.hotmail.com) i got the message
        > "connection timed out; no servers could be reached"

        What is in /etc/resolv.conf?

        Wietse
      • mrk krm
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 3, 2006
          thank you a lot for your help. Now i cand receive e-mail from internet (i couldn't beacause the no-ip.org took 4 days to update the mx record that i set last thursday).

          But i still not being able to send mail.
          Now i changed the relayhost to the smtp host of my isp. I configured the relayhost with autentication (username/password). But i still have the same error when i send messages:

          "Oct 3 13:20:23 debian postfix/postfix-script: stopping the Postfix mail system
          Oct 3 13:20:23 debian postfix/master[21412]: terminating on signal 15
          Oct 3 13:20:23 debian postfix/postfix-script: starting the Postfix mail system
          Oct 3 13:20:23 debian postfix/master[23538]: daemon started -- version 2.1.5
          Oct 3 13:20:36 debian postfix/pickup[23541]: DA63AA3730: uid=5000 from=<discordia@...-ip.org>
          Oct 3 13:20:36 debian postfix/cleanup[23551]: DA63AA3730: message-id=<20061003122036.DA63AA3730@...-ip.org>
          Oct 3 13:20:36 debian postfix/qmgr[23542]: DA63AA3730: from=<discordia@...-ip.org>, size=402, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
          Oct 3 13:21:16 debian postfix/smtp[23558]: DA63AA3730: to=<mrk_0@...>, relay=none, delay=40, status=deferred (Host or domain name not found. Name service error for name=smtp.sapo.pt type=MX: Host not found, try again)"

          The domain host "smtp.sapo.pt" is the host of my isp server.

          My resolv.conf file is like this:

          #nameserver 192.168.1.1
          nameserver 194.65.100.117
          nameserver 192.65.5.2

          - These are the dns servers of my isp

          - My postconf -n output is:

          alias_database = hash:/etc/aliases
          alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases
          append_dot_mydomain = no
          biff = no
          broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes
          config_directory = /etc/postfix
          inet_interfaces = all
          mailbox_size_limit = 0
          mydestination = localhost
          mydomain = subsolo.no-ip.org
          myhostname = debian.subsolo.no-ip.org
          mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8, 192.168.1.0/24
          myorigin = /etc/mailname
          recipient_delimiter = +
          relayhost = smtp.sapo.pt
          smtp_sasl_auth_enable = yes
          smtp_sasl_password_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/relay_password
          smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, permit_sasl_authenticated, reject_unauth_destination
          smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
          smtpd_tls_cert_file = /etc/postfix/smtpd.cert
          smtpd_tls_key_file = /etc/postfix/smtpd.key
          smtpd_use_tls = yes
          virtual_alias_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_forwardings.cf, mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_email2email.cf
          virtual_gid_maps = static:5000
          virtual_mailbox_base = /home/vmail
          virtual_mailbox_domains = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_domains.cf
          virtual_mailbox_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_mailboxes.cf
          virtual_uid_maps = static:5000

          Powered by Outblaze
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 3, 2006
            mrk krm:
            > Oct 3 13:21:16 debian postfix/smtp[23558]: DA63AA3730: to=<mrk_0@...>, relay=none, delay=40, status=deferred (Host or domain name not found. Name service error for name=smtp.sapo.pt type=MX: Host not found, try again)"
            > relayhost = smtp.sapo.pt

            Should be:

            relayhost = [smtp.sapo.pt]