Delivery to command for postfix/dspam

  • Gaby Vanhegan
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2006
      Hi,

      I've asked the dspam list this question already but to no avail.  Has anybody had any joy getting the spam retraining aliases working in postfix?

      I have dspam setup as a content filter in master.cf, and I'm using the MySQL storage driver, with the dspam signature in the headers.  The theory is that if you get a false negative, then you redirect the messages to a spam alias, which delivers to a command thusly:

      /etc/postfix/virtual:
      spam@... spam

      /etc/aliases:
      spam:  "|/usr/local/bin/dspam --user _dspam --class=spam --source=error"

      That command parses the message, pulls out the dspam header which tells it which user it belonged to, then retrains their personal spam filter.  I can't use virtual do deliver to a command so I have to use an alias instead.  If I run that command on a message in a text file:

      # cat knownspam.msg | /usr/local/bin/dspam --user _dspam --class=spam --source=error

      Then it works fine.  I can see the successful delivery to command in the maillog, but I can't see any results or output from that command.  Where would they be going?

      So my questions are:

      - Does that alias command delivery happen inside the postfix chroot? (I presume it uses pipe to do so).  This might be why it's failing.
      - Is there any way I can get some more debug output from the result of the command?
      - Is there any way to run a command from a virtual alias other than the way shown above?
      - Has anybody had any success getting spam retraining to work under postfix?

      Many thanks,

      Gaby

      --

      Junkets for bunterish lickspittles since 1998!

    • Gaby Vanhegan
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2006
        On 1 Oct 2006, at 13:37, Gaby Vanhegan wrote:

        Then it works fine.  I can see the successful delivery to command in the maillog, but I can't see any results or output from that command.  Where would they be going?

        I found the output, it happens before the successful delivery command is logged, and the error message I'm getting is a very dspam one, a problem that a lot of people have been having.

        If anybody has solved the "Unable to find a valid signature" error in dspam/postfix, please let me know what you did, it's driving me mad!

        Gaby

        --

        Junkets for bunterish lickspittles since 1998!