Postfix don't see my aliases ??

  • Num ber
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 10, 2006
      Hello,

      Today i'm try to use mailman..
      But whit all the doc i have already read , they don't work..

      I have Postfix with mysql (virtual user..)
      And mailman create this file :

      virtual-mailman :

      # LOOP ADDRESSES START
      mailman-loop@'my_domaine'.be mailman-loop
      # LOOP ADDRESSES END

      # STANZA START: mailman
      # CREATED: Mon Sep 11 00:13:57 2006
      mailman@'my_domaine'.be mailman
      mailman-admin@'my_domaine'.be mailman-admin
      mailman-bounces@'my_domaine'.be mailman-bounces
      mailman-confirm@'my_domaine'.be mailman-confirm
      mailman-join@'my_domaine'.be mailman-join
      mailman-leave@'my_domaine'.be mailman-leave
      mailman-owner@'my_domaine'.be mailman-owner
      mailman-request@'my_domaine'.be mailman-request
      mailman-subscribe@'my_domaine'.be mailman-subscribe
      # STANZA END: mailman

      And aliases :

      # The ultimate loop stopper address
      mailman-loop: /var/lib/mailman/data/owner-bounces.mbox

      # STANZA START: mailman
      # CREATED: Mon Sep 11 00:13:57 2006
      mailman: "|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post mailman"
      mailman-admin: "|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman admin mailman"
      mailman-bounces: "|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman bounces mailman"
      mailman-confirm: "|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman confirm mailman"
      mailman-join: "|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman join mailman"
      mailman-leave: "|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman leave mailman"
      mailman-owner: "|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman owner mailman"
      mailman-request: "|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman request mailman"
      mailman-subscribe: "|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman subscribe mailman"
      mailman-unsubscribe: "|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman unsubscribe mailman"
      # STANZA END: mailman

      I have tried to add this on main.cf :

      alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases,hash:/etc/mailman/aliases

      And/or :

      virtual_maps=mysql:/etc/postfix/virtual.cf,hash:/etc/mailman/virtual-mailman

      But every time i send a request to mailman-suscribe@'my_domaine'.be i have a
      error :

      Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table;

      Could you help me please ?

      Many thanks

      Qui sont les vrais amis de vos amis ? Découvrez-les sur Windows Live Spaces
      ! http://spaces.live.com/default.aspx?page=Ed01&ss=False
    • Magnus Bäck
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 10, 2006
        On Monday, September 11, 2006 at 00:53 CEST,
        Num ber <number_85_@...> wrote:

        > Today i'm try to use mailman..
        > But whit all the doc i have already read , they don't work..
        >
        > I have Postfix with mysql (virtual user..)
        > And mailman create this file :
        >
        > virtual-mailman :
        >
        > # LOOP ADDRESSES START
        > mailman-loop@'my_domaine'.be mailman-loop
        > # LOOP ADDRESSES END

        [...]

        > But every time i send a request to mailman-suscribe@'my_domaine'.be i
        > have a error :

        Since the right-hand side address of the virtual alias table doesn't
        contain a domain, Postfix will add @$myorigin. For this to work,
        myorigin must be a local domain. In your case it's a virtual mailbox
        domain. Configure Mailman to qualify the addresses with a local domain
        (localhost is typically a suitable choice).

        --
        Magnus Bäck
        magnus@...
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 11, 2006
          >Since the right-hand side address of the virtual alias table doesn't
          >contain a domain, Postfix will add @$myorigin. For this to work,
          >myorigin must be a local domain. In your case it's a virtual mailbox
          >domain. Configure Mailman to qualify the addresses with a local domain
          >(localhost is typically a suitable choice).

          Thanks for your reply..
          But i don't understand very good..

          you say if i'm right, that:

          I need to add in virtual-mailman : @localhost ?? But in the right side, or
          in the alias?

          i'm sorry if this question was a beginner question..
          But i'm try to understand how to postfix use alias.

          Thanks

          Votre PC est aussi speed qu'un escargot ? Le scanner de sécurité de Windows
          Live peut vous aider ! http://safety.live.com/site/fr-be/default.htm
        • Num ber
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 11, 2006
            >Thanks for your reply..
            >But i don't understand very good..
            >
            >you say if i'm right, that:
            >
            >I need to add in virtual-mailman : @localhost ?? But in the right side, or
            >in the alias?
            >
            >i'm sorry if this question was a beginner question..
            >But i'm try to understand how to postfix use alias.
            >
            >Thanks

            I have still read the doc (alias_map, virtual_alias_map, and Mailman doc..)

            I think i have found why they don't work..
            In transport on mysql i have this :

            domaine.be -> virtual

            All mail from domaine.be is virtual, and Postfix use the user table. i'm
            right ?
            I would like to add something to use with the same domaine, a local rules
            it's should be possible?

            How can i do that ?

            Thanks and good morning

            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 11, 2006
              On Monday, September 11, 2006 at 09:42 CEST,
              Num ber <number_85_@...> wrote:

              > I have still read the doc (alias_map, virtual_alias_map, and Mailman doc..)
              >
              > I think i have found why they don't work..
              > In transport on mysql i have this :
              >
              > domaine.be -> virtual
              >
              > All mail from domaine.be is virtual, and Postfix use the user table. i'm
              > right ?

              No, this is not the reason for your problem. However, you should still
              remove this entry from your transport table. If you have listed the
              domain in virtual_mailbox_domains, the messages will still be routed to
              virtual(8). Here I'm assuming you're running Postfix 2.0 or later.

              > I would like to add something to use with the same domaine, a local rules
              > it's should be possible?
              >
              > How can i do that ?

              Your problem is that your virtual alias table looks like this:

              foo@... foo

              Because you have myorigin = example.com, Postfix will translate this to:

              foo@... foo@...

              example.com is a virtual mailbox domain, so the message will be
              delivered to virtual(8) instead of local(8). Your virtual alias
              table should instead look like this:

              foo@... foo@localhost

              Assuming the localhost and localhost.$mydomain are listed in
              mydestination. How you should configure Mailman to do this is
              beyond me.

              Show "postconf -n" output and logs of a failed delivery attempt.

              --
              Magnus Bäck
              magnus@...
              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 11, 2006
                > > All mail from domaine.be is virtual, and Postfix use the user table. i'm
                > > right ?
                >
                >No, this is not the reason for your problem. However, you should still
                >remove this entry from your transport table. If you have listed the
                >domain in virtual_mailbox_domains, the messages will still be routed to
                >virtual(8). Here I'm assuming you're running Postfix 2.0 or later.
                >
                > > I would like to add something to use with the same domaine, a local
                >rules
                > > it's should be possible?
                > >
                > > How can i do that ?
                >
                >Your problem is that your virtual alias table looks like this:
                >
                >foo@... foo
                >
                >Because you have myorigin = example.com, Postfix will translate this to:
                >
                >foo@... foo@...
                >
                >example.com is a virtual mailbox domain, so the message will be
                >delivered to virtual(8) instead of local(8). Your virtual alias
                >table should instead look like this:
                >
                >foo@... foo@localhost
                >
                >Assuming the localhost and localhost.$mydomain are listed in
                >mydestination. How you should configure Mailman to do this is
                >beyond me.
                >
                >Show "postconf -n" output and logs of a failed delivery attempt.

                Thanks, now i'm understand.. Postfix use virtual AND local delivery..
                I need to do this work use Local, because i can't add every mail in mysql to
                use virtual..
                I have search on google and i have fond how to change mailman to have this :

                ______________________________________
                # LOOP ADDRESSES START
                mailman-loop@... mailman-loop
                # LOOP ADDRESSES END

                # STANZA START: mailman
                # CREATED: Mon Sep 11 23:15:04 2006
                mailman@... mailman@localhost
                mailman-admin@... mailman-admin@localhost
                mailman-bounces@... mailman-bounces@localhost
                mailman-confirm@... mailman-confirm@localhost
                mailman-join@... mailman-join@localhost
                mailman-leave@... mailman-leave@localhost
                mailman-owner@... mailman-owner@localhost
                mailman-request@... mailman-request@localhost
                mailman-subscribe@... mailman-subscribe@localhost
                # STANZA END: mailman

                # STANZA START: test
                # CREATED: Mon Sep 11 23:15:04 2006
                test@... test@localhost
                test-admin@... test-admin@localhost
                test-bounces@... test-bounces@localhost
                test-confirm@... test-confirm@localhost
                test-join@... test-join@localhost
                test-leave@... test-leave@localhost
                test-owner@... test-owner@localhost
                test-request@... test-request@localhost
                test-subscribe@... test-subscribe@localhost
                # STANZA END: test
                ______________________________________

                in virtual-mailman and this :
                ______________________________________
[...]

                test: "|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post test"
                test-admin: "|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman admin test"
                test-bounces: "|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman bounces test"
                test-confirm: "|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman confirm test"
                test-join: "|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman join test"
                test-leave: "|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman leave test"
                test-owner: "|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman owner test"
                test-request: "|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman request test"
                test-subscribe: "|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman subscribe test"
                test-unsubscribe: "|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman unsubscribe test"
                # STANZA END: test
                ______________________________________

                In my mailman aliases file..

                this is my postconf -n where you can see i have add aliases to aliases and
                virtual to virtual_alias.
                I don't know if i need to use alias and virtual_aliases.. But now they don't
                work.

                ______________________________________
                [root@numberfixe Mailman]# /usr/sbin/postconf -n
                alias_database = hash:/etc/aliases,hash:/etc/mailman/aliases
                alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases,hash:/etc/mailman/aliases
                biff = no
                command_directory = /usr/sbin
                config_directory = /etc/postfix
                daemon_directory = /usr/libexec/postfix
                debug_peer_level = 2
                html_directory = no
                local_destination_concurrency_limit = 1
                local_header_rewrite_clients = permit_inet_interfaces
                mail_owner = postfix
                mailbox_command = /usr/local/bin/maildrop -d ${USER}
                mailbox_size_limit = 0
                mailq_path = /usr/bin/mailq
                manpage_directory = /usr/local/man
                mydomain = domaine.be
                myhostname = mail.domaine.be
                mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8, 192.168.1.0/24
                myorigin = $mydomain
                newaliases_path = /usr/bin/newaliases
                queue_directory = /var/spool/postfix
                readme_directory = no
                recipient_delimiter = +
                relay_domains = $mydestination
                relayhost = smtp.tele2.be
                sample_directory = /etc/postfix
                sender_canonical_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/sender_canonical
                sendmail_path = /usr/sbin/sendmail
                setgid_group = postdrop
                smtpd_banner = $myhostname ESMTP $mail_name
                smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_mynetworks,reject_non_fqdn_recipient,
                check_client_access hash:/etc/postfix/pop-before-smtp,
                reject_unauth_destination
                transport_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/transport.cf
                unknown_local_recipient_reject_code = 550
                virtual_alias_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/virtual.cf
                virtual_gid_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/gids.cf
                virtual_mailbox_base = /
                virtual_mailbox_domains = domaine.be
                virtual_mailbox_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virt.cf
                virtual_uid_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/uids.cf
                ______________________________________

                In the same time, could you say me if my main.cf is correct ?

                And the error when i try to reply from a list message :
                ______________________________________
                Sep 11 23:19:09 numberfixe postfix/smtpd[21565]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from
                bay0-omc2-s25.bay0.hotmail.com[65.54.246.161]: 550
                <test-request@...>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in
                virtual mailbox table; from=<number-85@...>
                to=<test-request@...> proto=ESMTP
                helo=<bay0-omc2-s25.bay0.hotmail.com>
                ______________________________________

                Thanks to spend you rtime with me, and thanks for your reply :-)

                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 13, 2006
                  No idea ?
                  I try but they don't work again :-(

                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 13, 2006
                    On Monday, September 11, 2006 at 23:26 CEST,
                    Num ber <number_85_@...> wrote:

                    [...]

                    > this is my postconf -n where you can see i have add aliases to aliases
                    > and virtual to virtual_alias.

                    No, you haven't.

                    > I don't know if i need to use alias and virtual_aliases.. But now they
                    > don't work.

                    You need both virtual and local aliasing.

                    > virtual_alias_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/virtual.cf

                    Where is the reference to the virtual table generated by Mailman?

                    [...]

                    --
                    Magnus Bäck
                    magnus@...
                    Message 9 of 11 , Sep 13, 2006
                      I'm sorry, so sorry ..

                      It was easy, and i never see my error :-(

                      Thanks a lot and good evening all

                      >On Monday, September 11, 2006 at 23:26 CEST,
                      > Num ber <number_85_@...> wrote:
                      >
                      >[...]
                      >
                      > > this is my postconf -n where you can see i have add aliases to aliases
                      > > and virtual to virtual_alias.
                      >
                      >No, you haven't.
                      >
                      > > I don't know if i need to use alias and virtual_aliases.. But now they
                      > > don't work.
                      >
                      >You need both virtual and local aliasing.
                      >
                      > > virtual_alias_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/virtual.cf
                      >
                      >Where is the reference to the virtual table generated by Mailman?
                      >
                      >[...]
                      >
                      >--
                      >Magnus Bäck
                      >magnus@...

                      Le monde s'offre à vous sur MSN.be ! http://www.fr.msn.be/
                    • Albert Chin
                      Message 10 of 11 , Sep 30, 2006
                        On Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 07:21:12AM +0200, Magnus B?ck wrote:
                        > Since the right-hand side address of the virtual alias table doesn't
                        > contain a domain, Postfix will add @$myorigin. For this to work,
                        > myorigin must be a local domain. In your case it's a virtual mailbox
                        > domain. Configure Mailman to qualify the addresses with a local
                        > domain (localhost is typically a suitable choice).

                        The code from Mailman to create the virtual-mailman table:
                        # The text file entries get a little extra info
                        print >> fp, '# STANZA START:', listname
                        print >> fp, '# CREATED:', time.ctime(time.time())
                        # Now add all the standard alias entries
                        for k, v in makealiases(listname):
                        fqdnaddr = '%s@%s' % (k, hostname)
                        # Format the text file nicely
                        print >> fp, fqdnaddr, ((fieldsz - len(k)) * ' '), k

                        So, it doesn't seem possible, without changing the source, to
                        automatically append "@localhost" to the RHS entries.

                        --
                        albert chin (china@...)
                        Message 11 of 11 , Oct 1, 2006
                          On Sat, Sep 30, 2006 at 11:50:42PM -0500, Albert Chin wrote:

                          > On Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 07:21:12AM +0200, Magnus B?ck wrote:
                          > > Since the right-hand side address of the virtual alias table doesn't
                          > > contain a domain, Postfix will add @$myorigin. For this to work,
                          > > myorigin must be a local domain. In your case it's a virtual mailbox
                          > > domain. Configure Mailman to qualify the addresses with a local
                          > > domain (localhost is typically a suitable choice).
                          >
                          > The code from Mailman to create the virtual-mailman table:
                          > # The text file entries get a little extra info
                          > print >> fp, '# STANZA START:', listname
                          > print >> fp, '# CREATED:', time.ctime(time.time())
                          > # Now add all the standard alias entries
                          > for k, v in makealiases(listname):
                          > fqdnaddr = '%s@%s' % (k, hostname)
                          > # Format the text file nicely
                          > print >> fp, fqdnaddr, ((fieldsz - len(k)) * ' '), k
                          >
                          > So, it doesn't seem possible, without changing the source, to
                          > automatically append "@localhost" to the RHS entries.

                          You don't have to use the table "Mailman" generates directly. Use make(1)
                          with suitable post-processing code to convert this file to an alias
                          table for use by Postfix.