Relay access denied

  • Stuart Murray-Smith
    Message 1 of 62 , Sep 6, 2006
      Hi list

      I'm quite tired... and I can't see this one. I'm hoping a fresh set of
      eyes can :-)

      tail -f /var/log/maillog renders:

      postfix/smtpd[9934]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from
      dsl-xxx-xxx-xxx.xxxxxxadsl.xxx[xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]: 554
      <user01@gmail.c0m>: Relay access denied;
      from=<user00@...> to=<user01@gmail.c0m> proto=ESMTP
      helo=<ws_name>

      postconf -n renders:

      alias_database = hash:/etc/aliases
      alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases
      command_directory = /usr/sbin
      config_directory = /etc/postfix
      daemon_directory = /usr/libexec/postfix
      debug_peer_level = 2
      html_directory = no
      inet_interfaces = all
      mail_owner = postfix
      mailq_path = /usr/bin/mailq.postfix
      manpage_directory = /usr/share/man
      mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain, localhost, $mydomain
      mydomain = d0main.tld
      myhostname = h0st.d0main.tld
      myorigin = $mydomain
      queue_directory = /var/spool/postfix
      readme_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix-2.2.2/README_FILES
      setgid_group = postdrop
      unknown_local_recipient_reject_code = 550
      virtual_alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/virtual_alias_maps
      virtual_gid_maps = static:1000
      virtual_mailbox_base = /var/spool/virtualmail
      virtual_mailbox_domains = virtual_mailbox_domains = v1rtual00_tld
      v1rtual01_tld v1rtual02_tld
      virtual_mailbox_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/virtual_mailbox_maps
      virtual_minimum_uid = 100
      virtual_uid_maps = static:1000

      /etc/postfix/virtual_alias_maps, /etc/postfix/virtual_mailbox_maps,
      /etc/postfix/virtual_mailbox_domains have been recently hashed.

      I'm using separate domains, non-Unix accounts as per
      http://www.postfix.org/VIRTUAL_README.html#virtual_mailbox

      Thanks in advance

      Stu@
    • Muzaffer
      Message 62 of 62 , Jan 18, 2013
        On 2013-01-17 Muzaffer wrote:
        > On 17 January 2013 18:40, Ansgar Wiechers <lists@...> wrote:
        >> On 2013-01-17 Muzaffer wrote:
        >>> I've just found out a virtual file in the format user@...
        >>> example doesn't work with virtual_alias_domains. Guess I need to
        >>> find another solution.
        >>
        >> Please describe in more detail what you're trying to achieve. Given
        >> this little information it's highly unlikely anyone could come up
        >> with a satisfactory solution/recommendation.
        >
        > I'm running a server with Virtualmin, and I'd like to be able to
        > automate the generation of $virtual_alias_domains. If there is no way
        > other than adding them manually, that is also not desired but fine.

        $virtual_alias_domains is just a list of domains. This is most trivial
        to automate. The real question is: which source is providing that list?

        Judging from your comment above you probably don't want just the virtual
        alias domains, but also a list/mapping of valid recipients for those
        domains. Is that correct?

        Regards
        Ansgar Wiechers

        I've got that covered, it seems I have to put both domains and aliases in the same file, setting virtual_alias_domains = $virtual_alias_maps, and setting virtual_alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/virtual

        Thanks and regards,

        --Joel Spolsky