ldap to permit access through smtp

  • Rob Shepherd
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 4, 2006
      Would it be possible to make some kind of LDAP access map to permit
      access to smtp for internal users. Both internal and external. I'd to
      provide granular access to smtp.

      Cheers

      Rob
      --
      Rob Shepherd | Computer and Network Engineer | Technium CAST | LL57 4HJ
      rob receives mail at techniumcast.com
    • /dev/rob0
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 4, 2006
        On Monday 04 September 2006 02:26, Rob Shepherd wrote:
        > Would it be possible to make some kind of LDAP access map to permit
        > access to smtp for internal users. Both internal and external. I'd
        > to provide granular access to smtp.

        LDAP can indeed be the source for a check_client_access map, depending
        on your schema. But the standard and recommended means of doing what
        you describe is to require SMTP AUTH. See SASL_README included with
        your version of Postfix.