Re: Forwards with MySQL

  • Kai Fürstenberg
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 1, 2006
      Alvaro Marín wrote:
      > Kai Fürstenberg wrote:
      >
      > Hello,
      >

      >> Then I have a suggestion. Extend your domains table by an additional
      >> column "active" (Boolean). Then add an additional where clause to your
      >> query:
      >> WHERE active=1. Set active state of gmail to 0, the others to 1.
      >> This will prevent the addition of gmail com to your virtual domains and
      >> postfix does not recognise this as virtual domain, because of active
      >> state 0.
      >> This will also solve the transport problem.
      >>

      > Umm...I'll try it...good idea :)
      >

      >> But why don't you just secure your database, that no one else has access
      >> to it? Then just leave away gmail.com. That would be much easier.
      >>

      > The database will be accessed (via PHP) by more people than me...but
      > I've been thinking that perhaps putting a restriction in PHP to don't
      > let insert domains with the MX record different that the machine.

      You can also set permissions on single tables in a complete database. So
      you can set access rights for your users for the complete database
      except the domains table, where only you have access to.

      Kai
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 1, 2006
        Alvaro Mar?n:
        > Kai F_rstenberg wrote:
        >
        > Hello,
        >
        > > You can use transport_maps. Forward otheruser@... via smtp
        > > to the other MX. Anyhow you should/must add this user to the table:
        > > "otheruser","otherdomain.com","otheruser@...". Postfix
        > > always looks in the table but the alias mapping is the same. It then can
        > > take the transport_maps to forward the message to a different server.
        >
        > I've tried with that (configuring transport table too):
        >
        > mysql> select * from email_domains;
        > +---------------------------+
        > | domain |
        > +---------------------------+
        > | gmail.com |
        > | pruebas.domain.com |
        > +---------------------------+

        DO NOT list gmail.com in your own domain tables!! Mail will
        bounce with "user unknown in virtual alias table".

        Wietse
      • Alvaro Marín
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 1, 2006
          Wietse Venema wrote:

          Hello Wietse,

          > DO NOT list gmail.com in your own domain tables!! Mail will
          > bounce with "user unknown in virtual alias table".

          Yes, I know it, that is what I want to avoid :)

          Regards,
          Alvaro.
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 1, 2006
            Alvaro Marín wrote:
            > Hi,
            >
            > I've configured Postfix to use MySQL tables with alias or forwardings:
            >
            > virtual_alias_domains=mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_domains.cf
            >
            > virtual_alias_maps=mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_aliases.cf
            >
            > where alias_domains table has for example:
            >
            > "domain.com"
            >
            > and the alias_maps table:
            >
            > "oneuser","domain.com","otheruser@..."
            >
            > This example runs fine, but if for example I add "otherdomain.com" to
            > alias_domains table, it search for the user "otheruser" in MySQL table
            > (logically) instead of send the mail to the MX.

            why do you add otherdomain.com to your alias_domains table if you want
            mail to go to their MX?
            > Is there any way to send directly the message to the "otherdomain.com"'s
            > MX without searching on the table again?

            yes, there is a way. don't put it in the table:)
            > Other thing that I want to ask is that if the alias_maps table has only
            > 2 fields (alias and destination) I can use for example:

            > to forward all the accounts from @domain to other account, but if I
            > create that table with 3 fields (alias_user, alias_domain and
            > destination) this doesn't work...any idea?

            what doesn't work? anyway, "wildcard" aliases (@... =>
            $destination) break recipient validation. don't return them. since
            you're using mysql, you can do a lot of things. just say what you _want
            to accomplish_ (not what you tried).