Re: Yahoo groups and blacklisting...

    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 31, 2006
      Greg Hackney wrote:
      > mouss wrote:
      >> Your approach is "broken":
      >> - you are using spamcops to reject mail during smtp transaction.
      >> spamcops isn't designed for this. use it in a score based system.
      > Is that an opinion, or a fact ?

      may be an interpretation:)
      > Because if it's a fact, you probably need to tell Spamcop their design
      > is wrong and
      > that their web pages are all wrong.

      You can't blame them for their web site (unless you volunteer to improve
      it:). But let's try anyway:

      1- we visit the "home" page: http://www.spamcop.net/
      2- we see "use free blocking list" and click on the link "Learn How".
      3- This drives us to http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml
      4- we keep reading. In particular section "Implement the SCBL to Filter
      Spam"
      and there we see:

      <excerpt>
      SpamCop encourages SCBL users to tag and divert email, rather than block
      it outright. ...

      The SCBL is aggressive and often errs on the side of blocking mail. ...
      </excerpt>