Re: SMTP AUTH killing 220 response.

  • Patrick Ben Koetter
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 1, 2006
      * Tony Earnshaw <tericssonearnshaw@...>:
      > ty den 01.08.2006 Klokka 08:36 (+0200) skreiv Patrick Ben Koetter:
      >

      > [...]
      >
      > > > -- content of /usr/lib/sasl2/smtpd.conf --
      > > > # This sets smtpd to authenticate using the saslauthd daemon.
      > > > pwcheck_method: saslauthd
      > > > # This allows only plain, login, cram-md5 and digest-md5 as the
      > > > authentication mechanisms.
      > >
      > > Are you missing a "#" comment in the line above or is it just a line break
      > > that was introduced when you pasted the output in this mail?
      > >

      > > > mech_list: plain login cram-md5 digest-md5
      > > >

      > > > -- active services in /etc/postfix/master.cf --
      > > > # service type private unpriv chroot wakeup maxproc command + args
      > > > # (yes) (yes) (yes) (never) (100)
      > > > smtp inet n - n - - smtpd
      > >
      > > okay.
      > >
      > > Everything else looks okay.
      >
      > IMHO saslauthd doesn't support cram-md5 or digest-md5 - auxprop is
      > needed.

      Hmmm, you are correct about saslauthd not being able to process cram-md5 or
      digest-md5 mechanisms. I didn't notice that and the OP needs to fix that, but
      this will not throttle the smtpd daemon...

      Which reminds me that the OP still needs to send /var/log/maillog output
      showing the error...

      p@rick

      --
      The Book of Postfix
      <http://www.postfix-book.com>
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 1, 2006
        Bbt Lists wrote:
        > Patrick Ben Koetter wrote:
        >> Yep, the log is your friend. And while you are at it, get saslfinger
        >> (see my
        >> signature), run it "saslfinger -s" and send the output to the list.
        >>
        >> p@rick
        >>

        > Here is my output from the tool..... (PS - that is pretty slick).

        It's been a hard day's night
        I should be sleeping like a log

        like what?

        If you still can't see: you forgot to post your logs ;-p
      • Bbt Lists
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 2, 2006
          mouss wrote:

          > It's been a hard day's night
          > I should be sleeping like a log
          >
          > like what?
          >
          > If you still can't see: you forgot to post your logs ;-p
          I never posted them because I got the issue figured out.... I had posted
          to the list informing of that as well. it was a line carriage from a
          comment that was messing up my smtpd.conf file.

          --
          dnk
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 2, 2006
            Bbt Lists wrote:
            > mouss wrote:
            >>>
            >> It's been a hard day's night
            >> I should be sleeping like a log
            >>
            >> like what?
            >>
            >> If you still can't see: you forgot to post your logs ;-p
            > I never posted them because I got the issue figured out.... I had
            > posted to the list informing of that as well. it was a line carriage
            > from a comment that was messing up my smtpd.conf file.

            I've seen a later mail of yourself. happy postfixing.