Re: SMTP AUTH killing 220 response.

  • Tony Earnshaw
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 1, 2006
      ty den 01.08.2006 Klokka 08:36 (+0200) skreiv Patrick Ben Koetter:

      [...]

      > > -- content of /usr/lib/sasl2/smtpd.conf --
      > > # This sets smtpd to authenticate using the saslauthd daemon.
      > > pwcheck_method: saslauthd
      > > # This allows only plain, login, cram-md5 and digest-md5 as the
      > > authentication mechanisms.
      >
      > Are you missing a "#" comment in the line above or is it just a line break
      > that was introduced when you pasted the output in this mail?
      >

      > > mech_list: plain login cram-md5 digest-md5
      > >

      > > -- active services in /etc/postfix/master.cf --
      > > # service type private unpriv chroot wakeup maxproc command + args
      > > # (yes) (yes) (yes) (never) (100)
      > > smtp inet n - n - - smtpd
      >
      > okay.
      >
      > Everything else looks okay.

      IMHO saslauthd doesn't support cram-md5 or digest-md5 - auxprop is
      needed.

      --Tonni

      --
      Tony Earnshaw
      tonni at barlaeus.nl
    • Patrick Ben Koetter
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 1, 2006
        * Tony Earnshaw <tericssonearnshaw@...>:
        > ty den 01.08.2006 Klokka 08:36 (+0200) skreiv Patrick Ben Koetter:
        >

        > [...]
        >
        > > > -- content of /usr/lib/sasl2/smtpd.conf --
        > > > # This sets smtpd to authenticate using the saslauthd daemon.
        > > > pwcheck_method: saslauthd
        > > > # This allows only plain, login, cram-md5 and digest-md5 as the
        > > > authentication mechanisms.
        > >
        > > Are you missing a "#" comment in the line above or is it just a line break
        > > that was introduced when you pasted the output in this mail?
        > >

        > > > mech_list: plain login cram-md5 digest-md5
        > > >

        > > > -- active services in /etc/postfix/master.cf --
        > > > # service type private unpriv chroot wakeup maxproc command + args
        > > > # (yes) (yes) (yes) (never) (100)
        > > > smtp inet n - n - - smtpd
        > >
        > > okay.
        > >
        > > Everything else looks okay.
        >
        > IMHO saslauthd doesn't support cram-md5 or digest-md5 - auxprop is
        > needed.

        Hmmm, you are correct about saslauthd not being able to process cram-md5 or
        digest-md5 mechanisms. I didn't notice that and the OP needs to fix that, but
        this will not throttle the smtpd daemon...

        Which reminds me that the OP still needs to send /var/log/maillog output
        showing the error...

        p@rick

        --
        The Book of Postfix
        <http://www.postfix-book.com>
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 1, 2006
          Bbt Lists wrote:
          > Patrick Ben Koetter wrote:
          >> Yep, the log is your friend. And while you are at it, get saslfinger
          >> (see my
          >> signature), run it "saslfinger -s" and send the output to the list.
          >>
          >> p@rick
          >>

          > Here is my output from the tool..... (PS - that is pretty slick).

          It's been a hard day's night
          I should be sleeping like a log

          like what?

          If you still can't see: you forgot to post your logs ;-p
        • Bbt Lists
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 2, 2006
            mouss wrote:

            > It's been a hard day's night
            > I should be sleeping like a log
            >
            > like what?
            >
            > If you still can't see: you forgot to post your logs ;-p
            I never posted them because I got the issue figured out.... I had posted
            to the list informing of that as well. it was a line carriage from a
            comment that was messing up my smtpd.conf file.

            --
            dnk
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 2, 2006
              Bbt Lists wrote:
              > mouss wrote:
              >>>
              >> It's been a hard day's night
              >> I should be sleeping like a log
              >>
              >> like what?
              >>
              >> If you still can't see: you forgot to post your logs ;-p
              > I never posted them because I got the issue figured out.... I had
              > posted to the list informing of that as well. it was a line carriage
              > from a comment that was messing up my smtpd.conf file.

              I've seen a later mail of yourself. happy postfixing.