Re: postfix/mysql SSL

  • Chris McKeever
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 31, 2006
      On 7/31/06, Leandro Santi <lesanti@...> wrote:
      > On 7/30/06, Chris McKeever <cgmckeever@...> wrote:
      >
      > > I did find a good HOWTO on ssl replication (in 4.1)
      > > http://www.option-c.com/xwiki/MySQL_Replication_with_SSL
      >
      > At risk of being repetitive: use newest MySQL 4.1 or 5.0 and
      > OpenSSL. That howto seems to be using the debian sarge mysql
      > src debs, which are too old and contain scary SSL-related bugs.

      Yes - running latest 4.1.x --
      The HOWTO was a bit old - but it was one of the most concise on
      getting replication going - good thing just to follow..

      > > it changed some of heirarchy of data store that I had originally
      > > planned - but I think it worked out for a decent solution.
      >
      > One more thing. I don't about your requirements, but perhaps a
      > simpler architecture, with hash: or cdb: Postfix maps generated
      > from a central database (relational perhaps), and replicated
      > over the Postfix machinery regularly (using ssh for instance) could
      > do the trick. Search the archives for more information.

      could possibly run a script to go against the DB and build the hash
      etc, etc.... I have to play with the different alternatives --

      again - thanks for the help / info on all this

      Chris