Re: Mails in 2 Mail Servers for same domain

  • Magnus Bäck
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 30, 2006
      On Sunday, July 30, 2006 at 14:34 CEST,
      "FlashWebHost.com" <flashweb@...> wrote:

      > Presently my domain MX record points to a mail server with 1000+ mail
      > accounts setup.
      >
      > I want all new mail accounts setup on a new server, keeping all
      > existing email accounts in old server.
      >
      > That is if a mail is send to my domain, it will go to new mail server,
      > if mail account is setup on this server, mail get delivered. If not,
      > itstead of bouncing, mail send to old mail server. If mail account is
      > available in old server, it will get delivered, if not mail will get
      > bounced.

      The simplest solution is to use virtual aliasing to rewrite the
      recipient address to another domain and setup that whole domain to be
      delivered to the old server. If this is not possible, use the transport
      table to route messages to recipients hosted on the old server to the
      old server. The exact setup required depends on your exact
      configuration. Is the domain on the new server local or virtual?

      --
      Magnus Bäck
      magnus@...