Re: Postfix and Solaris 10

  • Magnus Bäck
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2006
      On Saturday, July 01, 2006 at 14:13 CEST,
      BCC <bcccliff@...> wrote:

      > magnus@... wrote:
      >
      > > Are you thinking of the new rc.d replacement system (SMF or
      > > whatever it's called), or why would you need special installation
      > > instructions for Solaris 10?
      >
      > The SMF system complicates the install process along with the following:

      You'll find a link to a document describing SMF-managed Postfix on the
      Postfix add-on page.

      http://www.postfix.org/addon.html

      > Cannot find a compiled postfix version for Solaris 10

      That's just as well, I think. Compile your own Postfix.

      > and by default Sendmail is used on Solaris 10.

      In Solaris 9 it was a breeze to uninstall the two standard sendmail
      packages and install Postfix instead, and I expect Solaris 10 to be
      the same.

      Do stop top-posting.

      --
      Magnus Bäck