Re: Postfix and Solaris 10

  • BCC
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2006
      The SMF system complicates the install process along with the following:
      Cannot find a compiled postfix version for Solaris 10 and by default
      Sendmail is used on Solaris 10.

      magnus@... wrote:
      > On Saturday, July 01, 2006 at 13:50 CEST,
      > BCC <bcccliff@...> wrote:
      >

      >> Anyone know of any links that provide install information on installing
      >> postfix on Solaris 10?
      >>

      > Are you thinking of the new rc.d replacement system (SMF or whatever
      > it's called), or why would you need special installation instructions
      > for Solaris 10?

    • Magnus Bäck
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2006
        On Saturday, July 01, 2006 at 14:13 CEST,
        BCC <bcccliff@...> wrote:

        > magnus@... wrote:
        >
        > > Are you thinking of the new rc.d replacement system (SMF or
        > > whatever it's called), or why would you need special installation
        > > instructions for Solaris 10?
        >
        > The SMF system complicates the install process along with the following:

        You'll find a link to a document describing SMF-managed Postfix on the
        Postfix add-on page.

        http://www.postfix.org/addon.html

        > Cannot find a compiled postfix version for Solaris 10

        That's just as well, I think. Compile your own Postfix.

        > and by default Sendmail is used on Solaris 10.

        In Solaris 9 it was a breeze to uninstall the two standard sendmail
        packages and install Postfix instead, and I expect Solaris 10 to be
        the same.

        Do stop top-posting.

        --
        Magnus Bäck