Re: Postfix and Solaris 10

  • Magnus Bäck
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2006
      On Saturday, July 01, 2006 at 13:50 CEST,
      BCC <bcccliff@...> wrote:

      > Anyone know of any links that provide install information on installing
      > postfix on Solaris 10?

      Are you thinking of the new rc.d replacement system (SMF or whatever
      it's called), or why would you need special installation instructions
      for Solaris 10?

      --
      Magnus Bäck
      magnus@...
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2006
        The SMF system complicates the install process along with the following:
        Cannot find a compiled postfix version for Solaris 10 and by default
        Sendmail is used on Solaris 10.

        magnus@... wrote:
        > On Saturday, July 01, 2006 at 13:50 CEST,
        > BCC <bcccliff@...> wrote:
        >

        >> Anyone know of any links that provide install information on installing
        >> postfix on Solaris 10?
        >>

        > Are you thinking of the new rc.d replacement system (SMF or whatever
        > it's called), or why would you need special installation instructions
        > for Solaris 10?

      • Magnus Bäck
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 1, 2006
          On Saturday, July 01, 2006 at 14:13 CEST,
          BCC <bcccliff@...> wrote:

          > magnus@... wrote:
          >
          > > Are you thinking of the new rc.d replacement system (SMF or
          > > whatever it's called), or why would you need special installation
          > > instructions for Solaris 10?
          >
          > The SMF system complicates the install process along with the following:

          You'll find a link to a document describing SMF-managed Postfix on the
          Postfix add-on page.

          http://www.postfix.org/addon.html

          > Cannot find a compiled postfix version for Solaris 10

          That's just as well, I think. Compile your own Postfix.

          > and by default Sendmail is used on Solaris 10.

          In Solaris 9 it was a breeze to uninstall the two standard sendmail
          packages and install Postfix instead, and I expect Solaris 10 to be
          the same.

          Do stop top-posting.

          --
          Magnus Bäck