Postfix and Solaris 10

  • BCC
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2006
      Anyone know of any links that provide install information on installing
      postfix on Solaris 10?
    • Magnus Bäck
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2006
        On Saturday, July 01, 2006 at 13:50 CEST,
        BCC <bcccliff@...> wrote:

        > Anyone know of any links that provide install information on installing
        > postfix on Solaris 10?

        Are you thinking of the new rc.d replacement system (SMF or whatever
        it's called), or why would you need special installation instructions
        for Solaris 10?

        --
        Magnus Bäck
        magnus@...
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 1, 2006
          The SMF system complicates the install process along with the following:
          Cannot find a compiled postfix version for Solaris 10 and by default
          Sendmail is used on Solaris 10.

          magnus@... wrote:
          > On Saturday, July 01, 2006 at 13:50 CEST,
          > BCC <bcccliff@...> wrote:
          >

          >> Anyone know of any links that provide install information on installing
          >> postfix on Solaris 10?
          >>

          > Are you thinking of the new rc.d replacement system (SMF or whatever
          > it's called), or why would you need special installation instructions
          > for Solaris 10?

        • Magnus Bäck
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 1, 2006
            On Saturday, July 01, 2006 at 14:13 CEST,
            BCC <bcccliff@...> wrote:

            > magnus@... wrote:
            >
            > > Are you thinking of the new rc.d replacement system (SMF or
            > > whatever it's called), or why would you need special installation
            > > instructions for Solaris 10?
            >
            > The SMF system complicates the install process along with the following:

            You'll find a link to a document describing SMF-managed Postfix on the
            Postfix add-on page.

            http://www.postfix.org/addon.html

            > Cannot find a compiled postfix version for Solaris 10

            That's just as well, I think. Compile your own Postfix.

            > and by default Sendmail is used on Solaris 10.

            In Solaris 9 it was a breeze to uninstall the two standard sendmail
            packages and install Postfix instead, and I expect Solaris 10 to be
            the same.

            Do stop top-posting.

            --
            Magnus Bäck