Trend Interscan viruswall with postfix?

  • Sandeep Agarwal
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 30, 2006
      Hi All,

      I have a local mail server running on POSTFIX.
      I want to install Trend ISVW-SMB on the same server.

      Before installation, should I change the port of MTA from default 25 to some
      other port?

      During installation it is asking for the following values to modify the MTA

      Is it ok to modify the MTA during installation?

      MTA listening interface:
      MTA listening port:
      Domain name:
      Incoming mail delivery IP:
      Incoming mail delivery port:
      Outgoing mail delivery IP:
      Outgoing mail delivery port:

      Thanks,
      Sandeep Agarwal
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 30, 2006
        On Fri, Jun 30, 2006 at 05:50:05PM +0530, Sandeep Agarwal wrote:

        > Hi All,
        >
        > I have a local mail server running on POSTFIX.
        > I want to install Trend ISVW-SMB on the same server.
        >
        > Before installation, should I change the port of MTA from default 25 to
        > some other port?
        >
        > During installation it is asking for the following values to modify the MTA
        >
        > Is it ok to modify the MTA during installation?
        >
        > MTA listening interface:
        > MTA listening port:
        > Domain name:
        > Incoming mail delivery IP:
        > Incoming mail delivery port:
        > Outgoing mail delivery IP:
        > Outgoing mail delivery port:

        I always say no, and modify the Postfix configuration by hand. Their
        automated editor does not understand your configuration, and will in
        some cases produce non-working configurations. It is best to read
        FILTER_README and do the job yourself.

        system/email administrator to architect and sustain the Unix email

      • Brian Sebby
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 30, 2006
          We run Interscan VirusWall with Postfix, but we have postfix be the MTA on
          port 25, with VirusWall running on a higher port. Once VirusWall scans the
          email, it delivers it to another high port, which in our case is SpamAssasssin,
          but eventually is another postfix instance.

          To do this, we do the following:

          1.) Set up postfix with a content-filter in main.cf to point it to VirusWall:

          content_filter = smtp:localhost:10050

          2.) Set up Viruswall to receive mail on a high port, and deliver to another
          high port. In intscan.ini:

          # Main service port.
          svcport=10050
          # I'm not sure if this is required
          original=127.0.0.1 10055
          # Remote daemon hostname
          remote_daemon_host=127.0.0.1

          # Remote daemon port #
          remote_daemon_port=10055

          3.) Set up a second postfix instance in master.cf without a content filter
          for final delivery.

          localhost:10055 inet n - n - 0 smtpd
          -o content_filter=

          If you have other filters (SpamAssassin, amavis, etc) you could have it
          deliver to those, and then have those eventually deliver to the second
          postfix instance.

          Brian

          --
          Brian Sebby (sebby@...) | Unix and Operation Services
          Phone: +1 630.252.9935 | Computing and Information Systems
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 1, 2006
            Thanks for the help. I have configured as suggested. It's look like working.

            Can I put something in mail header for the confirmation like

            Thanks again.
            Sandeep Agarwal

            ----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian Sebby" <sebby@...>

          • Ralf Hildebrandt
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 1, 2006
              * Sandeep Agarwal <sandeep_agarwal@...>:
              > Thanks for the help. I have configured as suggested. It's look like working.
              >
              > Can I put something in mail header for the confirmation like

              IMSS can do that. But what for?

              --
              Ralf Hildebrandt (Ralf.Hildebrandt@...) spamtrap@...
              http://www.postfix-buch.com