Re: My HELO Message

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2006
      On Thu, Jun 01, 2006 at 05:26:37PM -0400, Pablo Cruz Navea wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I wanna see the HELO message which is sent by my Postrfix server. How
      > can I see it?

      : run; postconf smtp_helo_name

      If that returns:

      smtp_helo_name = $myhostname

      then recurse with:

      : run; postconf myhostname

      If you change either in the "smtp unix" entry in master.cf, look at the
      value there.

      To log it, "debug_peer_list = 1.2.3.4", where 1.2.3.4 is the IP address
      of some machine to which you are about to send a test message. Then reload,
      and the HELO/EHLO name will be in the logs.

      system/email administrator to architect and sustain the Unix email

    • Michael J Wise
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2006
        On Jun 1, 2006, at 11:26 AM, Pablo Cruz Navea wrote:

        > I wanna see the HELO message which is sent by my Postrfix server.
        > How can I see it?

        Send yourself a piece of email?

        Granted, it doesn't show ALL the details, but... most of it is there.
        For instance, from the Received: header of one of my previous
        submissions:

        camomile.cloud9.net (Postfix) ...

        My server HELO's as lucite.kapu.net (1st instance)
        and has a rDNS of lucite.kapu.net (2nd instance).

        Aloha mai Nai`a!
        --
        "Please have your Internet License http://kapu.net/~mjwise/
        and Usenet Registration handy..."