Re: your BLs (Was: Re: Postfix Book du Jour?)

  • David Cary Hart
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1 12:46 PM
      On Thu, 01 Jun 2006 10:37:52 -0400, William Yodlowsky
      <wyodlows@...> opined:
      > David Cary Hart <PostfixMTA@...> wrote:
      >
      > > I am creating a resource page from our DNSBL removal form and the
      > > removal reply templates. I haven't the time, inclination or skill
      >
      > [snip]
      >
      > > --
      > > Our DNSRBL - Eliminate Spam: http://www.TQMcube.com
      > > Multi-RBL Check: http://www.TQMcube.com/rblcheck.php
      > > Composite Zone: dnsbl.tqmcube.com
      >
      > Hello,
      >
      > We began using some of your rbldnsd zones via rsync yesterday, and I
      > thought I'd just let you know since we're set to rsync every 3
      > hours.
      >
      > Thanks very much for providing this service! I've already seen many
      > hits, as I implemented SpamAssassin RBL rules to start but am
      > looking forward to using it with Postfix eventually.
      >
      > I debated about running against your new DNS zone directly but was
      > afraid that our traffic might induce too much load (we do anywhere
      > between 100k - 1M messages/day). If that would prove to be less
      > resource-intensive for you, please let me know and we'll switch.
      >
      > Again thanks for providing these zones for free!

      I'm pretty sure the mirror can handle the traffic if you prefer.

      BTW, I figured out the test and added 127.0.0.2 to each zone with a
      test text record.

      --
      Our DNSRBL - Eliminate Spam: http://www.TQMcube.com
      The Dirty Dozen Spammiest Ranges: http://tqmcube.com/dirty12.php