greylisting

  • Frank Bonnet
    Message 1 of 12 , May 24, 2006
      Hello

      My question is a bit off topics but is postfix related

      I actually use postgrey a greylister but I would like to get
      admins feedback that use other greylisting softwares.
      I am particuliarly interrested by tumgreyspf

      I run Postfix 2.2.10

      Please reply directly to me not to pollute the list !

      Thank you
      --
      Frank Bonnet
    • Marco Bertorello
      Message 2 of 12 , May 24, 2006
        On Wed, 24 May 2006 14:08:09 +0200
        Frank Bonnet <f.bonnet@...> wrote:

        > Hello
        >
        > My question is a bit off topics but is postfix related
        >
        > I actually use postgrey a greylister but I would like to get
        > admins feedback that use other greylisting softwares.
        > I am particuliarly interrested by tumgreyspf
        >
        > I run Postfix 2.2.10
        >
        > Please reply directly to me not to pollute the list !

        I'm interested too.

        Please, insert my address in CC, if you don't reply to list.

        bye

        --
        Marco Bertorello
        System Administrator
        Message 3 of 12 , May 24, 2006
          On Mittwoch, 24. Mai 2006 14:08 Frank Bonnet wrote:
          > I actually use postgrey a greylister but I would like to get
          > admins feedback that use other greylisting softwares.
          > I am particuliarly interrested by tumgreyspf

          What should be better/different there? Why change?

          > Please reply directly to me not to pollute the list !

          Please reply to the list, I'm sure more people are interested (me too).

          mfg zmi
          --
          // Michael Monnerie, Ing.BSc ----- http://it-management.at
          // Tel: 0660/4156531 .network.your.ideas.
          Message 4 of 12 , May 24, 2006
            Michael Monnerie wrote:

            > What should be better/different there? Why change?

            discard spams as much as possible

            >> Please reply directly to me not to pollute the list !
            >
            > Please reply to the list, I'm sure more people are interested (me too).
            >
            > mfg zmi

            OK I'll summarize answers I'll get

            --
            Frank Bonnet
          • polloxx
            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 4, 2013
              I have a question regarding greylisting:

              Some of our users are complaining mails have a large delay, especially
              those from providers like gmail. This is because these use different
              IP addresses on each delivery attempt.
              Using listgrey is not an option.

              Anyone who has a solution for this?

              Thx,
              P.
            • Thomas Leuxner
              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 4, 2013
                * polloxx <polloxx@...> 2013.01.04 14:56:

                > Some of our users are complaining mails have a large delay, especially
                > those from providers like gmail. This is because these use different
                > IP addresses on each delivery attempt.
                > Using listgrey is not an option.
                >
                > Anyone who has a solution for this?

                You haven't told us what you piece of software you are using to
                greylist. Postgrey for instance can overcome such problems
                with 'client_whitelists' and a little regex magic.

                Or religiously, don't use greylisting at all but postscreen:

                http://www.postfix.org/POSTSCREEN_README.html

                Regards
                Thomas
              • Thomas Leuxner
                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 4, 2013
                  * Thomas Leuxner <tlx@...> 2013.01.04 15:13:

                  > You haven't told us what piece of software you are using to
                  > greylist. Postgrey for instance can overcome such problems
                  > with 'client_whitelists' and a little regex magic.
                  >
                  > Or religiously, don't use greylisting at all but postscreen:
                  >
                  > http://www.postfix.org/POSTSCREEN_README.html
                  >
                  > Regards
                  > Thomas

                  Oops I failed to multitask, please disregard wrong reply-to. Fixed
                • polloxx
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 4, 2013
                    On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 3:13 PM, Thomas Leuxner <tlx@...> wrote:
                    > * polloxx <polloxx@...> 2013.01.04 14:56:
                    >
                    >> Some of our users are complaining mails have a large delay, especially
                    >> those from providers like gmail. This is because these use different
                    >> IP addresses on each delivery attempt.
                    >> Using listgrey is not an option.
                    >>
                    >> Anyone who has a solution for this?
                    >
                    > You haven't told us what you piece of software you are using to
                    > greylist. Postgrey for instance can overcome such problems
                    > with 'client_whitelists' and a little regex magic.
                    >
                    > Or religiously, don't use greylisting at all but postscreen:
                    >
                    > http://www.postfix.org/POSTSCREEN_README.html
                    >
                    > Regards
                    > Thomas

                    We use postfix-gld.
                  • Thomas Leuxner
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jan 4, 2013
                      * polloxx <polloxx@...> 2013.01.04 15:20:

                      > We use postfix-gld.

                      That seems to have gathered some dust. Anyway you should be able to
                      whitelist the affected domains _before_ the check_policy_service
                      statement:

                      check_client_access hash:/etc/postfix/client_access

                      ...or the like.

                      Thomas
                    • Robert Schetterer
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jan 4, 2013
                        Am 04.01.2013 14:56, schrieb polloxx:
                        > I have a question regarding greylisting:
                        >
                        > Some of our users are complaining mails have a large delay, especially
                        > those from providers like gmail. This is because these use different
                        > IP addresses on each delivery attempt.
                        > Using listgrey is not an option.
                        >
                        > Anyone who has a solution for this?
                        >
                        > Thx,
                        > P.

                        use greylisting only selective, thats enough
                        i.e
                        http://www.arschkrebs.de/postfix/postfix_greylisting.shtml

                        Best Regards
                        MfG Robert Schetterer

                        --
                        [*] sys4 AG

                        http://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64
                        Franziskanerstraße 15, 81669 München

                      • Benny Pedersen
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jan 5, 2013
                          polloxx skrev den 2013-01-04 14:56:
                          > I have a question regarding greylisting:
                          >
                          > Some of our users are complaining mails have a large delay,
                          > especially
                          > those from providers like gmail. This is because these use different
                          > IP addresses on each delivery attempt.
                          > Using listgrey is not an option.
                          >
                          > Anyone who has a solution for this?

                          use pypolicyd-spf latest version and then if spf pass dont greylist, if
                          sender is after this test still gmail.org then greylist or reject that
                          user for not using gmail servers

                          # For a fully commented sample config file see
                          policyd-spf.conf.commented

                          debugLevel = 1
                          defaultSeedOnly = 1

                          HELO_reject = SPF_Not_Pass
                          Mail_From_reject = SPF_Not_Pass

                          PermError_reject = True
                          TempError_Defer = False

                          skip_addresses = 127.0.0.0/8

                          Header_Type = AR
                          Authserv_Id = duggi.junc.org

                          then do greylist AFTER check spf

                          and if spf passed skip greylist google postfwd as an example config,
                          but with spf as above then its not needed to use another daemon

                          and lastly remember to not greylist non existsing recipient,
                          reject_unlisted_recipient before check_policy_service
                        • polloxx
                          Message 12 of 12 , Jan 5, 2013
                            Thanks to all of you for the suggestions.