Re: virtual_alias_maps

  • Magnus Bäck
    Message 1 of 8 , May 2, 2006
      On Tuesday, May 02, 2006 at 20:32 CEST,
      C Mallon <cmallon@...> wrote:

      > Thanks so much - you were right - I hadn't set up the file properly
      > but I'm still having some trouble and I'm wondering if maybe I'm
      > handling this wrong. This is my situation:
      >
      > I have a subdomain that belongs to the engineers (pager.company.com)
      > and all the servers and systems send information to the
      > ops@... alias on our current mail system.
      >
      > The pager.company.com alias then sends that data (usually somethings
      > broken) to their individual pagers which is hosted by an external
      > company. In addition, there is a script that swaps the alias file
      > with another pager.company.com file for the night shift and then
      > another for the day shift.
      >
      > Now I've tried to set up a virutal alias map:
      >
      > (main.cf) virtual_alias_map = hash:/etc/postfix/vmail/pager.aliases

      virtual_alias_map is not a Postfix parameter. virtual_alias_maps is.
      Was this just a typo in your mail? I don't know. Post "postconf -n"
      output. Always post "postconf -n" output.

      > (pager.aliases) engineer@... 1076208@...
      >
      > I ran postmap/etc/postfix/vmail/pager.aliases and received no error
      > which is great but tests to this system fail.

      "It fails" is a useless error report. Post logs. Always post logs.

      Do not top-post.

      --
      Magnus Bäck
      magnus@...
      Message 2 of 8 , May 4, 2006
        Thank you!

        It was a typo - and it works now -

        On May 2, 2006, at 12:47 PM, Magnus Bäck wrote:

        > On Tuesday, May 02, 2006 at 20:32 CEST,
        > C Mallon <cmallon@...> wrote:
        >
        >> Thanks so much - you were right - I hadn't set up the file properly
        >> but I'm still having some trouble and I'm wondering if maybe I'm
        >> handling this wrong. This is my situation:
        >>
        >> I have a subdomain that belongs to the engineers (pager.company.com)
        >> and all the servers and systems send information to the
        >> ops@... alias on our current mail system.
        >>
        >> The pager.company.com alias then sends that data (usually somethings
        >> broken) to their individual pagers which is hosted by an external
        >> company. In addition, there is a script that swaps the alias file
        >> with another pager.company.com file for the night shift and then
        >> another for the day shift.
        >>
        >> Now I've tried to set up a virutal alias map:
        >>
        >> (main.cf) virtual_alias_map = hash:/etc/postfix/vmail/pager.aliases
        >
        > virtual_alias_map is not a Postfix parameter. virtual_alias_maps is.
        > Was this just a typo in your mail? I don't know. Post "postconf -n"
        > output. Always post "postconf -n" output.
        >
        >> (pager.aliases) engineer@... 1076208@...
        >>
        >> I ran postmap/etc/postfix/vmail/pager.aliases and received no error
        >> which is great but tests to this system fail.
        >
        > "It fails" is a useless error report. Post logs. Always post logs.
        >
        > Do not top-post.
        >
        > --
        > Magnus Bäck
        > magnus@...

        Constance Mallon
        Liveworld, Inc
        cmallon@...
      • M.S. Lucas
        Message 3 of 8 , May 12, 2010

          Hello,

          Newbie allert.

          I want to do the following

          User1@...          user1@..., user2@...

          So every email to user1 is delivered to user1 and to user2.

          I try this in the virtual_alias_maps but is this the best place and don’t I get a loop this way?

          With kind regards,

          met vriendelijke groet,

          Maurice Lucas

          TAOS-IT

          ………………………………………………………………....

          Paulus Buijsstraat 191
          2613 HR  Delft
          www.taos-it.nl

          KvK Haaglanden nr. 27254410

          P  Denk aan het milieu; is het afdrukken van deze e-mail echt noodzakelijk?

          Message 4 of 8 , May 12, 2010
            On 5/12/2010 7:36 AM, M.S. Lucas wrote:
            > Hello,
            >
            > Newbie allert.
            >
            > I want to do the following
            >
            > User1@... <mailto:User1@...> user1@...
            > <mailto:user1@...>, user2@...
            >
            > So every email to user1 is delivered to user1 and to user2.
            >
            > I try this in the virtual_alias_maps but is this the best place

            Yes, this is correct way.

            > and
            > don’t I get a loop this way?

            No, you'll have to get more creative to get a loop.

            -- Noel Jones