Re: Relay_recipients syntax?

    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2006
      On Mon, May 01, 2006 at 04:42:14PM -0500, Mike French wrote:

      > Is the relay_recipients all or nothing? I want to define the valid
      > recipients for misos.net, misrg.com, misresourcegroup.com and let the other
      > domains through undefined. My thought is to create a relay_recipients file
      > with:
      >

      > # Unfiltered Recipients
      >
      > tresbonne.com ok
      > beavans.org ok
      > infinistorinc.com ok
      > acclaimnetworks.com ok

      The unverified domains need an "@" sign before the domain name. To
      leave entire hierarchies in the table use a regexp table, or use
      check_recipient_access instead of relay_recipient_maps to explicitly
      allow/deny appropriate recipients:

      # Only given users valid in domain and all sub-domains.
      user1@... DUNNO
      user2@... DUNNO
      example.com 550 5.1.1 Invalid recipient
      .example.com 550 5.1.1 Invalid recipient

      # All localparts in domain, valid, but not sub-domains
      example.org DUNNO
      .example.org 550 5.1.1 Invalid recipient

      # Placeholder for future validation
      example.net DUNNO
      .example.net DUNNO

      This assumes that "parent_domains_matches_subdomains" is empty (not
      default, but highly recommended).

      system/email administrator to architect and sustain the Unix email

    • Mike French
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1, 2006
        Thanks for the help! Works like a charm!

        On Mon, May 01, 2006 at 04:42:14PM -0500, Mike French wrote:

        > Is the relay_recipients all or nothing? I want to define the valid
        > recipients for misos.net, misrg.com, misresourcegroup.com and let the
        > other domains through undefined. My thought is to create a
        > relay_recipients file
        > with:
        >

        > # Unfiltered Recipients
        >
        > tresbonne.com ok
        > beavans.org ok
        > infinistorinc.com ok
        > acclaimnetworks.com ok

        The unverified domains need an "@" sign before the domain name. To leave
        entire hierarchies in the table use a regexp table, or use
        check_recipient_access instead of relay_recipient_maps to explicitly
        allow/deny appropriate recipients:

        # Only given users valid in domain and all sub-domains.
        user1@... DUNNO
        user2@... DUNNO
        example.com 550 5.1.1 Invalid recipient
        .example.com 550 5.1.1 Invalid recipient

        # All localparts in domain, valid, but not sub-domains
        example.org DUNNO
        .example.org 550 5.1.1 Invalid recipient

        # Placeholder for future validation
        example.net DUNNO
        .example.net DUNNO

        This assumes that "parent_domains_matches_subdomains" is empty (not default,
        but highly recommended).

        system/email administrator to architect and sustain the Unix email

        If my response solves your problem, the best way to thank me is to not send
        an "it worked, thanks" follow-up. If you must respond, please put "It
        worked, thanks" in the "Subject" so I can delete these quickly.

        http://www.eset.com