Re: Relay_recipients syntax?

    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2006
      At 04:42 PM 5/1/2006, Mike French wrote:
      >Environment: Postfix 2.1.4 - Amavisd - SpamAssAssin mail
      >gateway, no local mailboxes or users.
      >
      >Is the relay_recipients all or nothing? I want to define
      >the valid recipients for misos.net, misrg.com,
      >misresourcegroup.com and let the other domains through
      >undefined. My thought is to create a relay_recipients file with:

      http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#relay_recipient_maps
      says:
      Specify @domain as a wild-card for domains that do not have
      a valid recipient list.

      So your table would look like:
      bob@... ok
      # Unfiltered Recipients
      @... ok

      --
      Noel Jones
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1, 2006
        On Mon, May 01, 2006 at 04:42:14PM -0500, Mike French wrote:

        > Is the relay_recipients all or nothing? I want to define the valid
        > recipients for misos.net, misrg.com, misresourcegroup.com and let the other
        > domains through undefined. My thought is to create a relay_recipients file
        > with:
        >

        > # Unfiltered Recipients
        >
        > tresbonne.com ok
        > beavans.org ok
        > infinistorinc.com ok
        > acclaimnetworks.com ok

        The unverified domains need an "@" sign before the domain name. To
        leave entire hierarchies in the table use a regexp table, or use
        check_recipient_access instead of relay_recipient_maps to explicitly
        allow/deny appropriate recipients:

        # Only given users valid in domain and all sub-domains.
        user1@... DUNNO
        user2@... DUNNO
        example.com 550 5.1.1 Invalid recipient
        .example.com 550 5.1.1 Invalid recipient

        # All localparts in domain, valid, but not sub-domains
        example.org DUNNO
        .example.org 550 5.1.1 Invalid recipient

        # Placeholder for future validation
        example.net DUNNO
        .example.net DUNNO

        This assumes that "parent_domains_matches_subdomains" is empty (not
        default, but highly recommended).

        system/email administrator to architect and sustain the Unix email

      • Mike French
        Message 3 of 4 , May 1, 2006
          Thanks for the help! Works like a charm!

          On Mon, May 01, 2006 at 04:42:14PM -0500, Mike French wrote:

          > Is the relay_recipients all or nothing? I want to define the valid
          > recipients for misos.net, misrg.com, misresourcegroup.com and let the
          > other domains through undefined. My thought is to create a
          > relay_recipients file
          > with:
          >

          > # Unfiltered Recipients
          >
          > tresbonne.com ok
          > beavans.org ok
          > infinistorinc.com ok
          > acclaimnetworks.com ok

          The unverified domains need an "@" sign before the domain name. To leave
          entire hierarchies in the table use a regexp table, or use
          check_recipient_access instead of relay_recipient_maps to explicitly
          allow/deny appropriate recipients:

          # Only given users valid in domain and all sub-domains.
          user1@... DUNNO
          user2@... DUNNO
          example.com 550 5.1.1 Invalid recipient
          .example.com 550 5.1.1 Invalid recipient

          # All localparts in domain, valid, but not sub-domains
          example.org DUNNO
          .example.org 550 5.1.1 Invalid recipient

          # Placeholder for future validation
          example.net DUNNO
          .example.net DUNNO

          This assumes that "parent_domains_matches_subdomains" is empty (not default,
          but highly recommended).

          system/email administrator to architect and sustain the Unix email

          If my response solves your problem, the best way to thank me is to not send
          an "it worked, thanks" follow-up. If you must respond, please put "It
          worked, thanks" in the "Subject" so I can delete these quickly.

          http://www.eset.com