Relay_recipients syntax?

  • Mike French
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2006
      Environment: Postfix 2.1.4 - Amavisd - SpamAssAssin mail gateway, no local mailboxes or users.

      Is the relay_recipients all or nothing? I want to define the valid recipients for misos.net, misrg.com, misresourcegroup.com and let the other domains through undefined. My thought is to create a relay_recipients file with:

      # Filtered Recipients

      bob@...   ok
      bill@...    ok
      .....etc
      bill@...       ok
      bob@...    ok
      ....etc
      bill@...       ok
      bob@...    ok
      ...etc
      bill@...    ok
      bob@...    ok
      ....etc

      # Unfiltered Recipients
      tresbonne.com   ok
      beavans.org     ok
      infinistorinc.com       ok
      acclaimnetworks.com     ok

      Is this the correct syntax for the file? I want to prevent the dictionary spamming of the Filtered recipient domains, the others are not affected (yet). Then postmap the file and add it to the main.cf: relay_recipient_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/relay_recipients
      The Unfiltered Recipients are wildcards right?

      relay_domains:

      tresbonne.com   ok
      misonlineservices.com   ok
      misos.net       ok
      misrg.com       ok
      misresourcegroup.com    ok
      beavans.org     ok
      infinistorinc.com       ok
      acclaimnetworks.com     ok
      Postconf:

      alias_database = hash:/etc/postfix/aliases
      biff = no
      command_directory = /usr/sbin
      config_directory = /etc/postfix
      content_filter = smtp-amavis:[localhost]:10024
      daemon_directory = /usr/libexec/postfix
      debug_peer_level = 2
      local_recipient_maps =
      local_transport = no local mail delivery
      mail_owner = postfix
      mailq_path = /usr/bin/mailq
      manpage_directory = /usr/local/man
      message_size_limit = 1000000000
      myhostname = veronika.misos.net
      mynetworks = xx.yy.zz.aa/32
      myorigin = misos.net
      newaliases_path = /usr/bin/newaliases
      queue_directory = /var/spool/postfix
      readme_directory = no
      relay_domains = hash:/etc/postfix/relay_domains
      sample_directory = /etc/postfix
      sendmail_path = /usr/sbin/sendmail
      setgid_group = postdrop
      smtpd_banner = $myhostname NO UCE ESMTP
      smtpd_data_restrictions = reject_unauth_pipelining,     permit
      smtpd_delay_reject = no
      smtpd_error_sleep_time = 0s
      smtpd_hard_error_limit = 10
      smtpd_helo_required = yes
      smtpd_helo_restrictions = permit_mynetworks,
      smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_mynetworks,       reject_unauth_destination,      reject_non_fqdn_recipient
      smtpd_sender_restrictions = warn_if_reject,     reject_non_fqdn_sender,        reject_unknown_sender_domain
      smtpd_soft_error_limit = 5
      smtpd_timeout = 30s
      unknown_local_recipient_reject_code = 550

      Mike French

      Acclaim Networks
      754 Port America Place
      Suite 150
      Grapevine, TX 76051
      (888) 327-5647
      (817) 488-1600
      FAX (817) 488-1103
      Mike.French@...
      www.acclaimnetworks.com

      Message 2 of 4 , May 1, 2006
        At 04:42 PM 5/1/2006, Mike French wrote:
        >Environment: Postfix 2.1.4 - Amavisd - SpamAssAssin mail
        >gateway, no local mailboxes or users.
        >
        >Is the relay_recipients all or nothing? I want to define
        >the valid recipients for misos.net, misrg.com,
        >misresourcegroup.com and let the other domains through
        >undefined. My thought is to create a relay_recipients file with:

        http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#relay_recipient_maps
        says:
        Specify @domain as a wild-card for domains that do not have
        a valid recipient list.

        So your table would look like:
        bob@... ok
        # Unfiltered Recipients
        @... ok

        --
        Noel Jones
        Message 3 of 4 , May 1, 2006
          On Mon, May 01, 2006 at 04:42:14PM -0500, Mike French wrote:

          > Is the relay_recipients all or nothing? I want to define the valid
          > recipients for misos.net, misrg.com, misresourcegroup.com and let the other
          > domains through undefined. My thought is to create a relay_recipients file
          > with:
          >

          > # Unfiltered Recipients
          >
          > tresbonne.com ok
          > beavans.org ok
          > infinistorinc.com ok
          > acclaimnetworks.com ok

          The unverified domains need an "@" sign before the domain name. To
          leave entire hierarchies in the table use a regexp table, or use
          check_recipient_access instead of relay_recipient_maps to explicitly
          allow/deny appropriate recipients:

          # Only given users valid in domain and all sub-domains.
          user1@... DUNNO
          user2@... DUNNO
          example.com 550 5.1.1 Invalid recipient
          .example.com 550 5.1.1 Invalid recipient

          # All localparts in domain, valid, but not sub-domains
          example.org DUNNO
          .example.org 550 5.1.1 Invalid recipient

          # Placeholder for future validation
          example.net DUNNO
          .example.net DUNNO

          This assumes that "parent_domains_matches_subdomains" is empty (not
          default, but highly recommended).

          system/email administrator to architect and sustain the Unix email

        • Mike French
          Message 4 of 4 , May 1, 2006
            Thanks for the help! Works like a charm!

            On Mon, May 01, 2006 at 04:42:14PM -0500, Mike French wrote:

            > Is the relay_recipients all or nothing? I want to define the valid
            > recipients for misos.net, misrg.com, misresourcegroup.com and let the
            > other domains through undefined. My thought is to create a
            > relay_recipients file
            > with:
            >

            > # Unfiltered Recipients
            >
            > tresbonne.com ok
            > beavans.org ok
            > infinistorinc.com ok
            > acclaimnetworks.com ok

            The unverified domains need an "@" sign before the domain name. To leave
            entire hierarchies in the table use a regexp table, or use
            check_recipient_access instead of relay_recipient_maps to explicitly
            allow/deny appropriate recipients:

            # Only given users valid in domain and all sub-domains.
            user1@... DUNNO
            user2@... DUNNO
            example.com 550 5.1.1 Invalid recipient
            .example.com 550 5.1.1 Invalid recipient

            # All localparts in domain, valid, but not sub-domains
            example.org DUNNO
            .example.org 550 5.1.1 Invalid recipient

            # Placeholder for future validation
            example.net DUNNO
            .example.net DUNNO

            This assumes that "parent_domains_matches_subdomains" is empty (not default,
            but highly recommended).

            system/email administrator to architect and sustain the Unix email

            If my response solves your problem, the best way to thank me is to not send
            an "it worked, thanks" follow-up. If you must respond, please put "It
            worked, thanks" in the "Subject" so I can delete these quickly.

            http://www.eset.com