Test Spam Filter

  • Jamie Starkel - Defenseweb Technologies
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2006

      I just set up a Red Hat install with Postfix, Amavisd-new, SpamAssassin, and ClamAV. Everything coming in on my test domain is getting scanned and tagged with a SA score. I’ve just been sending myself test emails with various content (i.e. GTUBE) to see that it’s working. I want to really test this before I move my corporate email server to filter mail through this. What’s the best way to send a bunch of emails through it? Are there any sites out there that will generate random emails, basically spam my email address?

      Jamie Starkel

      Systems Administrator

      DefenseWeb Technologies

      jamie.starkel@...

      Message 2 of 2 , May 2, 2006
        Jamie Starkel - Defenseweb Technologies wrote:
        > I just set up a Red Hat install with Postfix, Amavisd-new, SpamAssassin,
        > and ClamAV. Everything coming in on my test domain is getting scanned
        > and tagged with a SA score. I've just been sending myself test emails
        > with various content (i.e. GTUBE) to see that it's working. I want to
        > really test this before I move my corporate email server to filter mail
        > through this. What's the best way to send a bunch of emails through it?
        > Are there any sites out there that will generate random emails,
        > basically spam my email address?

        http://www.declude.com/Articles.asp?ID=98
        http://www.declude.com/Articles.asp?ID=99
        http://www.gfi.com/emailsecuritytest/
        http://www.webmail.us/testvirus
        http://www.aleph-tec.com/eicar/index.php

        Otherwise, the sendmail command (with more or less scripting) should be
        enough.