Delivering mail to different locations based on username? cyrus and .forward?

  • John N. Brahy
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1 11:44 AM
      Hello,

      I'm building a system for a client that requires email based searches.
      They also want to have a cyrus imap server on the same box. Is there a
      way to configure postfix to deliver mail to different locations for
      different users?

      I am currently using a .forward file to forward mail to an external
      program that is handling the searches, is there a better way to do
      that with tighter integration to postfix?

      Thank you,

      John
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1 11:56 AM
        John N. Brahy:
        > Hello,
        >
        > I'm building a system for a client that requires email based searches.
        > They also want to have a cyrus imap server on the same box. Is there a
        > way to configure postfix to deliver mail to different locations for
        > different users?

        Look in ADDRESS_REWRITING_README for virtual aliasing,
        transport mapping and local aliasing.

        Wietse