Re: main.cf $myorigin issue

    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2006
      Stuart Murray-Smith wrote:
      > Greetings list
      >
      > Platform: FC4
      > Package(s): Postfix 2.2.2, Dovecot 0.99.14
      >
      > I've iterated... I've Googled... and now posting ;-)
      >
      > When emailing from the above stand-alone internet email server, the
      > originating email addy renders as:
      >
      > user@...
      >
      > Where does the 'localhost' in localhost.d0main.tld come from?

      You'll get more help if you follow the recommendations in

      Some possibilities:

      - your MUA is generating those addresses already. This may happen if the
      MUA is a (not configured) webmail system for example.
      - you submit the mail via Sendmail, which clealry won't use postfix
      configuration.
    • Jonathan JoKoT3 Gibert
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1, 2006
        2006/5/1, mouss <usebsd@...>:
        > Stuart Murray-Smith wrote:
        > > Greetings list
        > >
        > > Platform: FC4
        > > Package(s): Postfix 2.2.2, Dovecot 0.99.14
        > >
        > > I've iterated... I've Googled... and now posting ;-)
        > >
        > > When emailing from the above stand-alone internet email server, the
        > > originating email addy renders as:
        > >
        > > user@...
        > >
        > > Where does the 'localhost' in localhost.d0main.tld come from?
        >
        > You'll get more help if you follow the recommendations in
        > http://www.postfix.org/DEBUG_README.html#mail
        >
        > Some possibilities:
        >
        > - your MUA is generating those addresses already. This may happen if the
        > MUA is a (not configured) webmail system for example.
        > - you submit the mail via Sendmail, which clealry won't use postfix
        > configuration.

        What "hostname" command say ? (on server sure).