Quotas not working-Let's try this again

  • THEON COMPUTER CORPORATION
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2006
      Some gentlemen took the time to answer my original post with completely useless information. I clearly stated that:

      "I'm under the understanding that the VDA postfix-2.1.5-trash.patch.gz is required for the quotas to work and it's my understanding that the libpostfix1 mandriva package contains the postfix-2.1.5-trash.patch.gz and it already installed on my system."

      Which means that the patch that was referred to in one of the replies is already installed on my system. Therefore, telling me to install it again is not really useful. Additionally, telling me that this is not oficially supported by postfix mailing list is not very useful either. If you do not know the answer to my question, if you do not feel answering my question, if you have not read my original post and thoroughly understand the information posted in it as to not suggest things that have already been tried, installed etc, or simply if you have nothing positive or useful to contribute, do everyone a favor and don't waste your time and most importantly everyone else's time. I know you will probably get mad and try to get me kicked off the list or even try to start a flame war. Believe me, I'm not trying to start a flame war or an argument. I'm just trying to get some help and I don't need negativity. I need solutions and suggestions to try different things so I can get this working. It's certainly not my fault that the default postfix configuration does not support quotas which I'm sure I'm not the only person in the world that needs this capability.

      What's happenning here is the main reason that's keeping Linux from reaching its full potential. It's people like you with nasty attitudes, smart ass comments or just the inability for whatever reason to help that's keeping people from getting the support they need to get a Linux system working. It's basically like telling me to "read the f_____ manual you noob" but in a nicer way.

      So, like I said, does anyone have a helpful answer, comment or suggestion on what my problem may be with the quota's?