Re: main.cf LOCATION CHANGE

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30, 2006
      On Sun, Apr 30, 2006 at 02:16:54PM -0700, Matt wrote:

      > ./postfix-install config_directory=/root/postfixtest/config
      > daemon_directory=/root/postfixtest/libexec command_directory=/root/postfixtest
      > queue_directory=/root/postfixtest/queue
      > sendmail_path=/root/postfixtest/sendmail
      > newaliases_path=/root/postfixtest/newaliases mailq_path=/root/postfixtest/mailq
      > manpage_directory=/root/postfixtest/man html_directory=/root/postfixtest/doc
      >
      > Using the above after a compile and using postfix-install says: postfix: fatal:
      > open /etc/postfix/main.cf: No such file or directory
      >
      > Why? I set the config_directory didnt I?

      NO. Read the install file again, the primary configuration directory
      is a *COMPILE TIME* option. You are setting run-time options.

      % make makefiles CCARGS='-DDEF_CONFIG_DIR=\"/some/where\"' ...

      |Macro name |default value for|typical default |
      | | | |
      |DEF_COMMAND_DIR |command_directory|/usr/sbin |
      | | | |
      |DEF_CONFIG_DIR |config_directory |/etc/postfix |
      | | | |
      |DEF_DAEMON_DIR |daemon_directory |/usr/libexec/postfix|
      | | | |
      |DEF_MAILQ_PATH |mailq_path |/usr/bin/mailq |
      | | | |
      |DEF_HTML_DIR |html_directory |no |
      | | | |
      |DEF_MANPAGE_DIR |manpage_directory|/usr/local/man |
      | | | |
      |DEF_NEWALIAS_PATH|newaliases_path |/usr/bin/newaliases |
      | | | |
      |DEF_QUEUE_DIR |queue_directory |/var/spool/postfix |
      | | | |
      |DEF_README_DIR |readme_directory |no |
      | | | |
      |DEF_SENDMAIL_PATH|sendmail_path |/usr/sbin/sendmail |
      | | | |

      system/email administrator to architect and sustain the Unix email