Using smtp_generic_maps

  • Steve Lowe
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2006
      Good evening,

      In reviewing mail stuck in our outgoing queue, we have a number
      of messages sent to the wrong domain:

      u46.org should be u-46.org

      I thought I had solved this problem by using smtp_generic_maps.

      main.cf:smtp_generic_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/generic

      In my /etc/postfix/generic, I have this entry:

      @... @...

      Any suggestions?

      Steve Lowe
      Information Services
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 2, 2006
        On Sun, Apr 02, 2006 at 08:22:29PM -0500, Steve Lowe wrote:

        > Good evening,
        >
        > In reviewing mail stuck in our outgoing queue, we have a number
        > of messages sent to the wrong domain:
        >
        > u46.org should be u-46.org
        >
        > I thought I had solved this problem by using smtp_generic_maps.
        >
        > main.cf:smtp_generic_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/generic
        >
        > In my /etc/postfix/generic, I have this entry:
        >
        > @... @...
        >
        > Any suggestions?

        Add the same (or better the specific mangled addresses) change to
        virtual_alias_maps, and re-queue the mail with "postsuper -r <qid>". The
        rewriting in smtp_generic_maps, does not change the nexthop relay. It
        happens during (not before) the SMTP dialogue.