Re: postfix, cyrus, mailman, virtual domains

  • Dwight Tovey
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 2, 2006
      mouss said:
      > Matt Fretwell wrote:
      >> On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 11:25:45 -0600
      >> Dwight Tovey wrote:
      >>
      >>> Note that Postfix is trying to use lmtp to hand the message off to
      >>> cyrus, which doesn't have a mailbox for 'mailman' (the test list I'm
      >>> trying to send to). I need the message to not go to lmtp/cyrus at
      >>> all, but just use the alias map to pass it through the pipe to the
      >>> 'mailman post' command.
      >>

      >> Use a transport entry with something along the lines of:
      >>
      >> mailman@... local:
      >>

      > or virtual aliases:
      > #replace example.com by dtovey.net
      > mailman@... mailman@...
      >
      > since he has localhost.example.com in mydestination.

      Bingo. I knew it had to be something simple that I was missing.

      I made one change to main.cf:
      Old:
      virtual_alias_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual.cf
      New:
      virtual_alias_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual.cf,
      hash:/usr/local/mailman/data/virtual-mailman

      I then created /usr/local/mailman/data/virtual-mailman with the following:
      mailman mailman@...
      mailman-admin mailman-admin@...
      mailman-bounces mailman-bounces@...
      mailman-confirm mailman-confirm@...
      mailman-join mailman-join@...
      mailman-leave mailman-leave@...
      mailman-owner mailman-owner@...
      mailman-request mailman-reques@...
      mailman-subscribe mailman-subscribe@...

      I ran postmap on that, reloaded postfix, and everything works again. I'll
      have to update virtual-mailman whenever I add a new list, but that
      shouldn't be a problem.

      /dwight

      --
      Dwight N. Tovey