Re: postfix, cyrus, mailman, virtual domains

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 2, 2006
      Matt Fretwell wrote:
      > On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 11:25:45 -0600
      > Dwight Tovey wrote:
      >
      >> Note that Postfix is trying to use lmtp to hand the message off to
      >> cyrus, which doesn't have a mailbox for 'mailman' (the test list I'm
      >> trying to send to). I need the message to not go to lmtp/cyrus at
      >> all, but just use the alias map to pass it through the pipe to the
      >> 'mailman post' command.
      >

      > Use a transport entry with something along the lines of:
      >
      > mailman@... local:

      or virtual aliases:
      #replace example.com by dtovey.net
      mailman@... mailman@...

      since he has localhost.example.com in mydestination.
    • Dwight Tovey
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 2, 2006
        mouss said:
        > Matt Fretwell wrote:
        >> On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 11:25:45 -0600
        >> Dwight Tovey wrote:
        >>
        >>> Note that Postfix is trying to use lmtp to hand the message off to
        >>> cyrus, which doesn't have a mailbox for 'mailman' (the test list I'm
        >>> trying to send to). I need the message to not go to lmtp/cyrus at
        >>> all, but just use the alias map to pass it through the pipe to the
        >>> 'mailman post' command.
        >>

        >> Use a transport entry with something along the lines of:
        >>
        >> mailman@... local:
        >>

        > or virtual aliases:
        > #replace example.com by dtovey.net
        > mailman@... mailman@...
        >
        > since he has localhost.example.com in mydestination.

        Bingo. I knew it had to be something simple that I was missing.

        I made one change to main.cf:
        Old:
        virtual_alias_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual.cf
        New:
        virtual_alias_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual.cf,
        hash:/usr/local/mailman/data/virtual-mailman

        I then created /usr/local/mailman/data/virtual-mailman with the following:
        mailman mailman@...
        mailman-admin mailman-admin@...
        mailman-bounces mailman-bounces@...
        mailman-confirm mailman-confirm@...
        mailman-join mailman-join@...
        mailman-leave mailman-leave@...
        mailman-owner mailman-owner@...
        mailman-request mailman-reques@...
        mailman-subscribe mailman-subscribe@...

        I ran postmap on that, reloaded postfix, and everything works again. I'll
        have to update virtual-mailman whenever I add a new list, but that
        shouldn't be a problem.

        /dwight

        --
        Dwight N. Tovey