Re: postconf command usage for master.cf

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2006
      On Sun, Apr 02, 2006 at 10:14:15AM -0700, suneel cumar wrote:

      > Will postconf command is usefull in changing paramters at master.cf

      You cannot add/remove or edit master.cf entries, but if master.cf
      has entries of the form:

      endpoint unix - - n - - command
      -o some_parameter=$your_parameter_override

      then you can set:

      your_parameter_override = ...

      in main.cf and update it via:

      postconf -e "your_parameter_override = your_value"

      The only missing feature is the ability to display "synthetic" (made up by
      you) parameter names, such as the hypothetical "your_parameter_override",
      with "postconf" or "postconf -n". At this time they are only visible
      by looking at the raw main.cf file.