postconf command usage for master.cf

  • suneel cumar
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2006
      Hi All,

      Will postconf command is usefull in changing paramters at master.cf

      Anyone has tried this before pls let me know.

      Regards,
      Sunil

    • Ralf Hildebrandt
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2006
        * suneel cumar <suneelcumar@...>:

        > Will postconf command is usefull in changing paramters at master.cf

        You cannot use postconf to change parameters in master.cf

        --
        Ralf Hildebrandt (Ralf.Hildebrandt@...) spamtrap@...
        http://www.postfix-buch.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 2, 2006
          On Sun, Apr 02, 2006 at 10:14:15AM -0700, suneel cumar wrote:

          > Will postconf command is usefull in changing paramters at master.cf

          You cannot add/remove or edit master.cf entries, but if master.cf
          has entries of the form:

          endpoint unix - - n - - command
          -o some_parameter=$your_parameter_override

          then you can set:

          your_parameter_override = ...

          in main.cf and update it via:

          postconf -e "your_parameter_override = your_value"

          The only missing feature is the ability to display "synthetic" (made up by
          you) parameter names, such as the hypothetical "your_parameter_override",
          with "postconf" or "postconf -n". At this time they are only visible
          by looking at the raw main.cf file.