Re: myflock?

  • Carlo Contavalli
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 31, 2006
      On Fri, Mar 31, 2006 at 11:23:23AM -0500, Wietse Venema wrote:
      > > ok :) .. actually I was looking at myflock from the other side:
      > > I considered myflock to be a library function, which should not make
      > [...]
      > The process that differs is master(8). It sets up handlers for
      > SIGHUP, SIGTERM, and SIGCHLD, and it should have EINTR guards.
      as all the libraries it uses, probably, even if postfix
      reliability has proven it shouldn't be an issue at all...

      > Perhaps you mean msg_fatal; panic is reserved for interface
      > violations and integrity violations.
      yes, sorry. that was what I meant.

      > I'll add your EINTR test for flock(); but I would not be
      > surprised if there are places that have no EINTR guard.
      ok.. that one was just biting me on some code I was working
      on. Probably, the code is based on wrong assumptions,
      and will probably change the code, but I thought
      it might have been worth reporting it.

      > If you find other calls that can use one just let me know.
      ok, I'll keep that in mind.

      Thanks,
      Carlo

      --
      GPG Fingerprint: 2383 7B14 4D08 53A4 2C1A CA29 9E98 5431 1A68 6975