Re: Postfix convert CRLF to LF in attachments text files and problems with win32 clients and notepad.

    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 1, 2006
      On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 12:10:18PM -0300, Marcelo Echeverria wrote:

      > I cannot find '0a0d' or '0d0a' (CRLF) en raw message in Maildir
      > (/var/spool/postfix/virtual/user@domain/new). Only find '0a' (LF). I
      > use 'hexdump'.

      The maildir is not supposed to store raw CRLF data. This is a Unix mailbox
      and uses unix line termination. The POP or IMAP server is responsible for
      presenting the message text with CRLF line termination. If the message
      text is base64 encoded, the encoding software is responsible for encoding
      linebreaks in CRLF form.

      How does Outlook Express access the maildir? Does the POP/IMAP server
      present line breaks as LF or as CRLF?

    • Marcelo Echeverria
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 2, 2006
        2006/3/1, Victor Duchovni <Victor.Duchovni@...>:
        > On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 12:10:18PM -0300, Marcelo Echeverria wrote:
        >
        > > I cannot find '0a0d' or '0d0a' (CRLF) en raw message in Maildir
        > > (/var/spool/postfix/virtual/user@domain/new). Only find '0a' (LF). I
        > > use 'hexdump'.
        >
        > The maildir is not supposed to store raw CRLF data. This is a Unix mailbox
        > and uses unix line termination. The POP or IMAP server is responsible for
        > presenting the message text with CRLF line termination. If the message
        > text is base64 encoded, the encoding software is responsible for encoding
        > linebreaks in CRLF form.
        >
        > How does Outlook Express access the maildir? Does the POP/IMAP server
        > present line breaks as LF or as CRLF?

        I'm sorry, not to mention MailScanner. The "Sign Clean Mail" in
        MailScanner corrupts the mail. This thread describes the problem:

        http://lists.mailscanner.info/pipermail/mailscanner/2006-February/057585.html

        Thanks.

        --
        Marcelo Echeverria .-
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 3, 2006
          Marcelo Echeverria a écrit :

          > I'm sorry, not to mention MailScanner. The "Sign Clean Mail" in
          > MailScanner corrupts the mail. This thread describes the problem:

          mailscanner does a lot more. to avoid infinite threads and recursive
          questions, it's not supported here. if it's good for you, we're happy.
          if you have problems, pray.

          > http://lists.mailscanner.info/pipermail/mailscanner/2006-February/057585.html

          This URL reminds me that many mailscanner scanned mail triggers the
          INFO_TLD rule in SA (because of the mailscanner URL added to the
          message). So mailscanner users will generally still be hit by SA on
          other sites!