Re: [OT] ignore this mail (Re: mail bounce for valid virtual user)

  • Matt Fretwell
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 1, 2006
      On Wed, 01 Mar 2006 13:23:42 +0700
      Beast <beast@...> wrote:

      > > <beast@...>: host dc.ldap.or.id[202.154.34.135] said:
      > > 554 Service unavailable; Client host [82.239.111.75] blocked
      > > using dnsbl.sorbs.net; Dynamic IP Addresses See:
      > > http://www.sorbs.net/lookup.shtml?82.239.111.75
      > >

      > Pardon my ignorance, but what should I do?
      > (this is really a question :=)
      >
      > If IP is static, I can put in whitelist, but isn't that sender
      > should wonder why sorbs.net is listing their IP?

      The point was more with regards the the blocklist you are
      using. Their listing criteria, (as has been mentioned many times
      on the list), is inconsistent and will probably end up with you
      rejecting a noticable percentage of legitimate mail. Better to
      only use blocklists that have stringent, and methodical,
      listing criteria and checks. A sane delisting method usually
      helps as well :)

      Matt