Re: virtual user@domain.tld

  • Soren Schimkat
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1, 2006
      Magnus Bäck wrote:
      > On Wednesday, March 01, 2006 at 07:31 CET,
      > Soren Schimkat <schimkat@...> wrote:
      >

      >>I would like to have cyrus users that looks like this:
      >>user@..., but i´m having trouble with making
      >>Postfix deliver mails to Cyrus accounts with domain names.
      >>
      >>How to I tell Postfix to parse the username@...
      >>username to Cyrus, instead of just the username?
      >

      > The answer depends on how you pass the mail to Cyrus. With
      > no configuration details and no logs showing this incorrect
      > behaviour we cannot help you.

      I deliver mail to cyrus using the following command:

      /usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/deliver -e -r ${sender} -m ${extension} ${user}

      Perhaps this is the place where I must change something to use
      "user@domain" usernames instead of "user" names?

      The logs actually isn´t interesting. They basicly tells med that the
      Cyrus user [user] could not be found - which is fair enough since the
      username is [user@domain].

      Regards Søren
    • Magnus Bäck
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 1, 2006
        On Wednesday, March 01, 2006 at 12:56 CET,
        Soren Schimkat <schimkat@...> wrote:

        > Magnus Bäck wrote:
        >
        > > The answer depends on how you pass the mail to Cyrus. With
        > > no configuration details and no logs showing this incorrect
        > > behaviour we cannot help you.
        >
        > I deliver mail to cyrus using the following command:
        >
        > /usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/deliver -e -r ${sender} -m ${extension} ${user}
        >
        > Perhaps this is the place where I must change something to use
        > "user@domain" usernames instead of "user" names?

        Yes. Specifically, use a pipe(8) macro like ${recipient} that expands to
        the complete recipient address. The pipe(8) man page documents which
        macros are available.

        [...]

        --
        Magnus Bäck
        magnus@...
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 1, 2006
          Magnus Bäck wrote:
          > On Wednesday, March 01, 2006 at 12:56 CET,
          > Soren Schimkat <schimkat@...> wrote:
          >

          >>Magnus Bäck wrote:
          >>

          >>>The answer depends on how you pass the mail to Cyrus. With
          >>>no configuration details and no logs showing this incorrect
          >>>behaviour we cannot help you.
          >>
          >>I deliver mail to cyrus using the following command:
          >>
          >>/usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/deliver -e -r ${sender} -m ${extension} ${user}
          >>
          >>Perhaps this is the place where I must change something to use
          >>"user@domain" usernames instead of "user" names?
          >

          > Yes. Specifically, use a pipe(8) macro like ${recipient} that expands to
          > the complete recipient address. The pipe(8) man page documents which
          > macros are available.

          Great .. this was just what I needed. :-)

          Thanks.