Re: virtual user@domain.tld

  • Soren Schimkat
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1, 2006
      >> I would like to have cyrus users that looks like this:
      >> user@..., but i´m having trouble with making Postfix deliver
      >> mails to Cyrus accounts with domain names.
      >>
      >> How to I tell Postfix to parse the username@... username to
      >> Cyrus, instead of just the username?
      >>
      >> Kind regarda Søren
      >>
      > Maybe you are looking for:
      > http://www.postfix.org/VIRTUAL_README.html ?

      Well .. yes .. and no. I´ve read the page but I think that the page I
      really need to read - is this one:

      http://www.postfix.org/CYRUS_README.html

      .. which actualle isn´t there. :-)

      Regards Søren
    • Soren Schimkat
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 1, 2006
        Magnus Bäck wrote:
        > On Wednesday, March 01, 2006 at 07:31 CET,
        > Soren Schimkat <schimkat@...> wrote:
        >

        >>I would like to have cyrus users that looks like this:
        >>user@..., but i´m having trouble with making
        >>Postfix deliver mails to Cyrus accounts with domain names.
        >>
        >>How to I tell Postfix to parse the username@...
        >>username to Cyrus, instead of just the username?
        >

        > The answer depends on how you pass the mail to Cyrus. With
        > no configuration details and no logs showing this incorrect
        > behaviour we cannot help you.

        I deliver mail to cyrus using the following command:

        /usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/deliver -e -r ${sender} -m ${extension} ${user}

        Perhaps this is the place where I must change something to use
        "user@domain" usernames instead of "user" names?

        The logs actually isn´t interesting. They basicly tells med that the
        Cyrus user [user] could not be found - which is fair enough since the
        username is [user@domain].

        Regards Søren
      • Magnus Bäck
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 1, 2006
          On Wednesday, March 01, 2006 at 12:56 CET,
          Soren Schimkat <schimkat@...> wrote:

          > Magnus Bäck wrote:
          >
          > > The answer depends on how you pass the mail to Cyrus. With
          > > no configuration details and no logs showing this incorrect
          > > behaviour we cannot help you.
          >
          > I deliver mail to cyrus using the following command:
          >
          > /usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/deliver -e -r ${sender} -m ${extension} ${user}
          >
          > Perhaps this is the place where I must change something to use
          > "user@domain" usernames instead of "user" names?

          Yes. Specifically, use a pipe(8) macro like ${recipient} that expands to
          the complete recipient address. The pipe(8) man page documents which
          macros are available.

          [...]

          --
          Magnus Bäck
          magnus@...
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 1, 2006
            Magnus Bäck wrote:
            > On Wednesday, March 01, 2006 at 12:56 CET,
            > Soren Schimkat <schimkat@...> wrote:
            >

            >>Magnus Bäck wrote:
            >>

            >>>The answer depends on how you pass the mail to Cyrus. With
            >>>no configuration details and no logs showing this incorrect
            >>>behaviour we cannot help you.
            >>
            >>I deliver mail to cyrus using the following command:
            >>
            >>/usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/deliver -e -r ${sender} -m ${extension} ${user}
            >>
            >>Perhaps this is the place where I must change something to use
            >>"user@domain" usernames instead of "user" names?
            >

            > Yes. Specifically, use a pipe(8) macro like ${recipient} that expands to
            > the complete recipient address. The pipe(8) man page documents which
            > macros are available.

            Great .. this was just what I needed. :-)

            Thanks.