Re: prevent mass-mailer viruses

  • Beast
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2006
      Dominique VOLPE wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > we have an antivirus gateway : all SMTP customers have their outgoing
      > mail server set to this gateway.
      >
      > I would like to reduce mass-mailer viruses diffusion. My idea is to
      > return a temporary failure error code (4xx) when time between two
      > messages sent by the same IP address is lower than N seconds.
      > How can I do ?

      Better use header/body check. SOL

      --

      --beast
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2006
        Dominique VOLPE a écrit :
        > Hi,
        >
        > we have an antivirus gateway : all SMTP customers have their outgoing
        > mail server set to this gateway.
        >
        > I would like to reduce mass-mailer viruses diffusion. My idea is to
        > return a temporary failure error code (4xx) when time between two
        > messages sent by the same IP address is lower than N seconds.
        > How can I do ?

        See if Cami's policyd matches your needs.
      • Dominique VOLPE
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 1, 2006
          By browsing his functionalities
          (http://policyd.sourceforge.net/readme.html), I think that it matches my
          needs and much more.
          I will test it on my Internet gateway too.

          Thank you very much.

          Dominique