Fallback / ETRN [RE: postfix virtual users in ldap, no advantage?]

  • Maarten de Vries
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1 1:10 AM
      Hi Bas,

      Please, do not hijack a thread.

      On Wed, 1 Mar 2006 09:43:47 +0100, Bas van den Dikkenberg wrote:

      > Can postfix work as fallback mail server .

      Of course.

      > If yes can force a deque with etrn command?

      Yes.

      You may want to take a look at the excellent Postfix documentation, available
      at http://www.postfix.org/documentation.html

      --
      Powered by unsavoury.net
    • Beast
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 1 1:15 AM
        Beast wrote:
        > Magnus B├Ąck wrote:
        >

        >> The result of a virtual_mailbox_maps lookup can be an absolute path
        >> (just set virtual_mailbox_base to "/"), and you can use result_filter to
        >

        > virtual_mailbox_base = /
        >
        > vmailbox:
        > user@... /home/vmail/user
        >

        > Isn't that "/" + "/home/vmail/user" = "//home/vmail/user", ist that ok
        > with postfix?

        I guess its ok.

        >> add the final slash to the lookup result if you want maildir delivery.
        >>

        > Unlike sql, ldap query wouldn't allow us to add that trailing slash, cmiiw.

        I can use:
        query_filter = (mail=%s)
        result_attribute = homeDirectory
        result_format = %s/

        Many thanks!

        --

        --beast
        sum.ldap.or.id/blog
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 1 11:40 AM
          On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 03:36:17PM +0700, Beast wrote:

          > >add the final slash to the lookup result if you want maildir delivery.
          > >

          > Unlike sql, ldap query wouldn't allow us to add that trailing slash, cmiiw.

          result_filter = %s/

          http://www.postfix.org/ldap_table.5.html