prevent mass-mailer viruses

  • Dominique VOLPE
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1 1:09 AM
      Hi,

      we have an antivirus gateway : all SMTP customers have their outgoing
      mail server set to this gateway.

      I would like to reduce mass-mailer viruses diffusion. My idea is to
      return a temporary failure error code (4xx) when time between two
      messages sent by the same IP address is lower than N seconds.

      How can I do ?

      Thank you

      Dominique
    • Beast
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1 1:17 AM
        Dominique VOLPE wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > we have an antivirus gateway : all SMTP customers have their outgoing
        > mail server set to this gateway.
        >
        > I would like to reduce mass-mailer viruses diffusion. My idea is to
        > return a temporary failure error code (4xx) when time between two
        > messages sent by the same IP address is lower than N seconds.
        > How can I do ?

        Better use header/body check. SOL

        --

        --beast
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 1 1:38 AM
          Dominique VOLPE a écrit :
          > Hi,
          >
          > we have an antivirus gateway : all SMTP customers have their outgoing
          > mail server set to this gateway.
          >
          > I would like to reduce mass-mailer viruses diffusion. My idea is to
          > return a temporary failure error code (4xx) when time between two
          > messages sent by the same IP address is lower than N seconds.
          > How can I do ?

          See if Cami's policyd matches your needs.
        • Dominique VOLPE
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 1 2:45 AM
            By browsing his functionalities
            (http://policyd.sourceforge.net/readme.html), I think that it matches my
            needs and much more.
            I will test it on my Internet gateway too.

            Thank you very much.

            Dominique