Re: postfix virtual users in ldap, no advantage?

  • Beast
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1, 2006
      Magnus Bäck wrote:

      > The result of a virtual_mailbox_maps lookup can be an absolute path
      > (just set virtual_mailbox_base to "/"), and you can use result_filter to

      virtual_mailbox_base = /

      vmailbox:
      user@... /home/vmail/user

      Isn't that "/" + "/home/vmail/user" = "//home/vmail/user", ist that ok
      with postfix?

      > add the final slash to the lookup result if you want maildir delivery.

      Unlike sql, ldap query wouldn't allow us to add that trailing slash, cmiiw.

      --

      --beast
    • Bas van den Dikkenberg
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 1, 2006
        Can postfix work as fallback mail server .

        If yes can force a deque with etrn command?
      • Maarten de Vries
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 1, 2006
          Hi Bas,

          Please, do not hijack a thread.

          On Wed, 1 Mar 2006 09:43:47 +0100, Bas van den Dikkenberg wrote:

          > Can postfix work as fallback mail server .

          Of course.

          > If yes can force a deque with etrn command?

          Yes.

          You may want to take a look at the excellent Postfix documentation, available
          at http://www.postfix.org/documentation.html

          --
          Powered by unsavoury.net
        • Beast
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 1, 2006
            Beast wrote:
            > Magnus Bäck wrote:
            >

            >> The result of a virtual_mailbox_maps lookup can be an absolute path
            >> (just set virtual_mailbox_base to "/"), and you can use result_filter to
            >

            > virtual_mailbox_base = /
            >
            > vmailbox:
            > user@... /home/vmail/user
            >

            > Isn't that "/" + "/home/vmail/user" = "//home/vmail/user", ist that ok
            > with postfix?

            I guess its ok.

            >> add the final slash to the lookup result if you want maildir delivery.
            >>

            > Unlike sql, ldap query wouldn't allow us to add that trailing slash, cmiiw.

            I can use:
            query_filter = (mail=%s)
            result_attribute = homeDirectory
            result_format = %s/

            Many thanks!

            --

            --beast
            sum.ldap.or.id/blog
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 1, 2006
              On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 03:36:17PM +0700, Beast wrote:

              > >add the final slash to the lookup result if you want maildir delivery.
              > >

              > Unlike sql, ldap query wouldn't allow us to add that trailing slash, cmiiw.

              result_filter = %s/

              http://www.postfix.org/ldap_table.5.html