Re: Detecting Outbound Email Only

  • Simon Faulkner
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2006
      > The only point you might have missed is that postfix does not understand
      > the difference between inbound and outbound traffic. having separate IPs
      > for inbound and outbound is pretty much the only way.

      Ah, ty - I was hoping!

      Beast has given me a plan to use an internal gateway for local mail and
      that fires the email out through a server which appends the diclaimer
      only to mail that is leaving the building.

      Sweet.

      --
      Simon Faulkner 01538 303 900
      Dedicated Programmes Limited
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 1, 2006
        Simon Faulkner a écrit :
        >> The only point you might have missed is that postfix does not understand
        >> the difference between inbound and outbound traffic. having separate IPs
        >> for inbound and outbound is pretty much the only way.
        >

        > Ah, ty - I was hoping!
        >
        > Beast has given me a plan to use an internal gateway for local mail and
        > that fires the email out through a server which appends the diclaimer
        > only to mail that is leaving the building.

        you could add disclaimer when sender is in your domain. while not
        exactly the same thing, it should make your boss happy.