Re: Detecting Outbound Email Only

  • Beast
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2006
      Keith Matthews wrote:

      > The only point you might have missed is that postfix does not understand
      > the difference between inbound and outbound traffic. having separate IPs
      > for inbound and outbound is pretty much the only way.

      Previously, i've used mail content management sw (that act as mail
      gateway). It use a simple rule:

      *@* -> *@... = inbound
      *@... -> *@* = outbound

      --

      --beast
    • Simon Faulkner
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 1, 2006
        > The only point you might have missed is that postfix does not understand
        > the difference between inbound and outbound traffic. having separate IPs
        > for inbound and outbound is pretty much the only way.

        Ah, ty - I was hoping!

        Beast has given me a plan to use an internal gateway for local mail and
        that fires the email out through a server which appends the diclaimer
        only to mail that is leaving the building.

        Sweet.

        --
        Simon Faulkner 01538 303 900
        Dedicated Programmes Limited
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 1, 2006
          Simon Faulkner a écrit :
          >> The only point you might have missed is that postfix does not understand
          >> the difference between inbound and outbound traffic. having separate IPs
          >> for inbound and outbound is pretty much the only way.
          >

          > Ah, ty - I was hoping!
          >
          > Beast has given me a plan to use an internal gateway for local mail and
          > that fires the email out through a server which appends the diclaimer
          > only to mail that is leaving the building.

          you could add disclaimer when sender is in your domain. while not
          exactly the same thing, it should make your boss happy.