Re: Detecting Outbound Email Only

  • Keith Matthews
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2006
      On Wed, 01 Mar 2006 07:33:57 +0000
      Simon Faulkner <simon@...> wrote:

      > I dislike disclaimers as much as the next man but when the boss says
      > we *must* have them you only have 2 choices and unemployment is not a
      > good option right at the moment.
      >
      > I have seen some good examples both in TBoP and online but they all
      > use separate IPs for inbound and outbound email.
      >
      > I can do this but I am wondering if there is a way of filtering such
      > that I don't add a diclaimer to internal email.
      >
      > Apologies if I have mised the point LOL

      The only point you might have missed is that postfix does not understand
      the difference between inbound and outbound traffic. having separate IPs
      for inbound and outbound is pretty much the only way.

      --
      Due to excessive spam as a result of archiving of this list I only
      accept mail through the list server.
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 1, 2006
        Keith Matthews wrote:

        > The only point you might have missed is that postfix does not understand
        > the difference between inbound and outbound traffic. having separate IPs
        > for inbound and outbound is pretty much the only way.

        Previously, i've used mail content management sw (that act as mail
        gateway). It use a simple rule:

        *@* -> *@... = inbound
        *@... -> *@* = outbound

        --

        --beast
      • Simon Faulkner
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 1, 2006
          > The only point you might have missed is that postfix does not understand
          > the difference between inbound and outbound traffic. having separate IPs
          > for inbound and outbound is pretty much the only way.

          Ah, ty - I was hoping!

          Beast has given me a plan to use an internal gateway for local mail and
          that fires the email out through a server which appends the diclaimer
          only to mail that is leaving the building.

          Sweet.

          --
          Simon Faulkner 01538 303 900
          Dedicated Programmes Limited
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 1, 2006
            Simon Faulkner a écrit :
            >> The only point you might have missed is that postfix does not understand
            >> the difference between inbound and outbound traffic. having separate IPs
            >> for inbound and outbound is pretty much the only way.
            >

            > Ah, ty - I was hoping!
            >
            > Beast has given me a plan to use an internal gateway for local mail and
            > that fires the email out through a server which appends the diclaimer
            > only to mail that is leaving the building.

            you could add disclaimer when sender is in your domain. while not
            exactly the same thing, it should make your boss happy.