virtual user@domain.tld

  • Soren Schimkat
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 28 10:31 PM
      I would like to have cyrus users that looks like this: user@...,
      but i´m having trouble with making Postfix deliver mails to Cyrus
      accounts with domain names.

      How to I tell Postfix to parse the username@... username to
      Cyrus, instead of just the username?

      Kind regarda Søren
    • Magnus Bäck
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 28 10:38 PM
        On Wednesday, March 01, 2006 at 07:31 CET,
        Soren Schimkat <schimkat@...> wrote:

        > I would like to have cyrus users that looks like this:
        > user@..., but i´m having trouble with making
        > Postfix deliver mails to Cyrus accounts with domain names.
        >
        > How to I tell Postfix to parse the username@...
        > username to Cyrus, instead of just the username?

        The answer depends on how you pass the mail to Cyrus. With
        no configuration details and no logs showing this incorrect
        behaviour we cannot help you.

        --
        Magnus Bäck
        magnus@...
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 28 10:39 PM
          Soren Schimkat wrote:
          > I would like to have cyrus users that looks like this: user@...,
          > but i´m having trouble with making Postfix deliver mails to Cyrus
          > accounts with domain names.
          >
          > How to I tell Postfix to parse the username@... username to
          > Cyrus, instead of just the username?
          >
          > Kind regarda Søren

          Maybe you are looking for:
          http://www.postfix.org/VIRTUAL_README.html ?

          HTH
          Klaus
        • Soren Schimkat
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 1, 2006
            >> I would like to have cyrus users that looks like this:
            >> user@..., but i´m having trouble with making Postfix deliver
            >> mails to Cyrus accounts with domain names.
            >>
            >> How to I tell Postfix to parse the username@... username to
            >> Cyrus, instead of just the username?
            >>
            >> Kind regarda Søren
            >>
            > Maybe you are looking for:
            > http://www.postfix.org/VIRTUAL_README.html ?

            Well .. yes .. and no. I´ve read the page but I think that the page I
            really need to read - is this one:

            http://www.postfix.org/CYRUS_README.html

            .. which actualle isn´t there. :-)

            Regards Søren
          • Soren Schimkat
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 1, 2006
              Magnus Bäck wrote:
              > On Wednesday, March 01, 2006 at 07:31 CET,
              > Soren Schimkat <schimkat@...> wrote:
              >

              >>I would like to have cyrus users that looks like this:
              >>user@..., but i´m having trouble with making
              >>Postfix deliver mails to Cyrus accounts with domain names.
              >>
              >>How to I tell Postfix to parse the username@...
              >>username to Cyrus, instead of just the username?
              >

              > The answer depends on how you pass the mail to Cyrus. With
              > no configuration details and no logs showing this incorrect
              > behaviour we cannot help you.

              I deliver mail to cyrus using the following command:

              /usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/deliver -e -r ${sender} -m ${extension} ${user}

              Perhaps this is the place where I must change something to use
              "user@domain" usernames instead of "user" names?

              The logs actually isn´t interesting. They basicly tells med that the
              Cyrus user [user] could not be found - which is fair enough since the
              username is [user@domain].

              Regards Søren
            • Magnus Bäck
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 1, 2006
                On Wednesday, March 01, 2006 at 12:56 CET,
                Soren Schimkat <schimkat@...> wrote:

                > Magnus Bäck wrote:
                >
                > > The answer depends on how you pass the mail to Cyrus. With
                > > no configuration details and no logs showing this incorrect
                > > behaviour we cannot help you.
                >
                > I deliver mail to cyrus using the following command:
                >
                > /usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/deliver -e -r ${sender} -m ${extension} ${user}
                >
                > Perhaps this is the place where I must change something to use
                > "user@domain" usernames instead of "user" names?

                Yes. Specifically, use a pipe(8) macro like ${recipient} that expands to
                the complete recipient address. The pipe(8) man page documents which
                macros are available.

                [...]

                --
                Magnus Bäck
                magnus@...
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 1, 2006
                  Magnus Bäck wrote:
                  > On Wednesday, March 01, 2006 at 12:56 CET,
                  > Soren Schimkat <schimkat@...> wrote:
                  >

                  >>Magnus Bäck wrote:
                  >>

                  >>>The answer depends on how you pass the mail to Cyrus. With
                  >>>no configuration details and no logs showing this incorrect
                  >>>behaviour we cannot help you.
                  >>
                  >>I deliver mail to cyrus using the following command:
                  >>
                  >>/usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/deliver -e -r ${sender} -m ${extension} ${user}
                  >>
                  >>Perhaps this is the place where I must change something to use
                  >>"user@domain" usernames instead of "user" names?
                  >

                  > Yes. Specifically, use a pipe(8) macro like ${recipient} that expands to
                  > the complete recipient address. The pipe(8) man page documents which
                  > macros are available.

                  Great .. this was just what I needed. :-)

                  Thanks.